Why become a member? Read more... ×
JohnR

Wal Custom 4 String 1988/2017 - Left Handed - Withdrawn Please Lock
£4200

Withdrawn.

It makes no sense to try to sell this bass for an amount that is close to the amount I spent refurbishing it in the past 12 months. I will keep it although I am committed to playing 6 string basses now and will find another way to fund the ACG build I want.

Thanks for all the kind words.

John

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baboulinet
      Hello,
      After a lot of thoughts, I'm selling my Wal MKII 5 strings (1988 - W3114). 
      Specs:
      - Wal MKII 5 strings from 1988 (W3114)
      - Brazilian Mahogany body
      - Mapple neck and rosewood fretboard
      - Solid black body
      - Complete clear gloss finish (body + neck)
      - 17mm string spacing
      - 5.2kg.
      - Original Wal case included, also in a very good condition.
      The bass condition is amazing for a 20 years old bass. The only changes made on the bass has been to change the frets. It has been made by Christope Leduc last year (May 2017) and he made a complete checkup as well. 
      The bass is located in France close to the Belgium and Luxembourgish border. 
      Price: 3690 GBP or 4200 Euro including EU shipping.
      Sebastien

Pics (I'll make more later this week)

• By p90fool
      Due to various tedious household repairs sadly it's time to sell my old Wal Custom. It's been in my family since around March 1982 and is unmodified.
      It's a fretless 4-string in African walnut with an ebony fingerboard. It's generally in very good condition and plays very well. It has a few small dings and the lacquer has gone cloudy in a few places, which only really shows up in natural light, but considering it's approaching 40 years old it's really nice. 
      The electrics work perfectly and were overhauled by Pete the Fish in around 2003.
      Serial Number is PB1813, it's signed and dated 2/9/80 by Wal himself and includes the original brown Wal case. 
      Feel free to ask any questions, I can also take more detailed pics of any specific parts. 
      I'm in mid Wales but do travel a fair bit, and I'm asking for £3750. 
      Cheers, Julian

• By Touchwood
      I am selling this for the family of a friend who has recently passed away. I have got  permission from the Admin (ped) to place this ad.
      1987 Mk1Custom
      Brazilian Mahogany core
      Canadian 'Birdseye' Maple faces
      Indian Rosewood F/Board
      Full Flightcase
      Slight crack to front facing (cosmetic only)
      This bass was made by Ian Waller for a friend who has recently passed away and has had one owner from new.
      This is the first EVER Wal with a lacquer finish and was the start of Wal offering a lacquer finish option.
      Collection from Kendal, UK, or will ship for cost of shipping.

• By mytt88
      Cash waiting for the right bass