Why become a member? ×

Very simple, easy and cheap DIY pedal board.

Horrorhiker

Hi! 

I'm thinking about sawing this in half as It's too big for my needs these days, and this prompted me to look to see if I still had any in progress photos, and found a few.

Basically, I am totally rubbish at doing things with drills, saws, or anything else that requires any sort of co-ordination (not including Bass-depending on who you ask). 

I found this to be such as easy project, that I'm amazed I don't see more around. I'm sure there are several on here that are way better than mine but I was hoping that this might inspire someone to have a go that is like me..the sort of person that says..'that will do' a lot! This will be very basic to most people here, but it's just to show that anyone can have a go at stuff really.

Did this ages ago and the pictures aren't exactly step by step, but hopefully you can see what I did. Here's a very rough plan : 

1) Got the wood and cut to size. On mine, I used four strips of wood cut to the length I thought I wanted, then measured and cut two smaller pieces as the side supports.

2) Sanded and primed the wood. 

3) Screwed it all together. I believe I used wood glue first. (see the 2nd pic for how it fits together, pretty self explanatory). 

4) 'Paint it Black'. Choose an appropriate song to listen to while completing this step. 

5) Screwed on finishing touches such as cast iron carrying handles, and two little rubber feet at the rear (as you're looking at it). 

6) Got some Velcro tape and stuck strips across. 

7) Found a guard dog to protect the finished product. 

Sorry there are not more detailed steps. I think I originally saw something similar on Pinterest and took my inspiration from that, so I'm sure if you need more detailed instructions, or plans for something more ambitious, they can be easily found on there. 

I believe the whole thing cost around £15. Basically save the pedaltrain money for a pedal or two. 

Hope this helps someone decide to have a go. 

pedal 1.jpg

pedal 2.jpg

Pedal 3.jpg

pedal 4.jpg

Pedal 5.jpg

Edited by Horrorhiker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

Cool.

It is no more than it needs to be yet everything you need it to be.

Cheers! Thats what I thought. It's the Tesco value toilet paper of pedal boards basically ha ha.

Its twice as big as I need it now but im probably going to halve it to make 2 smaller ones and give the other to our guitarist.