Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Improvised Funk Loop Vid

urb

Hey peeps

It's been a while since I posted anything here - I have actually been recording an album with a cool singer, drummer and keyboardist and we are mixing it soon (start of December) so hopefully I will be able to share that with you all soon. It's kind like Massive Attack meets Goldfrapp - funky-ish but great trip-hop ish kind of vibe - with lots of good grooving bass lines.

In the meantime I just got myself a new Epifani UL210 speaker and it makes the whole rig + Sei bass sound amazing - so I just made a little loop jam to celebrate! I hope you enjoy some of this:

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='Josh' post='329739' date='Nov 15 2008, 05:32 PM']That bass has brought out the best in you Mike.[/quote]

Nice one Josh, thanks. I know it may sound obvious but having a great sounding and playing bass does help :)

Cheers for listening

M

[quote name='Josh' post='331026' date='Nov 17 2008, 09:08 PM']A Boss RC-20 if I recall.[/quote]

Thanks Jay - it's actually the Boss RC2 - the newer looper - the drum beat is part of the built in drum machine on the pedal - I have an RC20 but it deveoped a fault and I never managed to get it fixed within warranty by Boss, partly my fault as I never got round to sending it to them...! BUt I have t say the RC2 is a cracking loop unit and really works well - you can erase previously added lines and also sample MP3s via a line in - so it's really versatile - anyway enough of a sales pitch!!!

Cheers for listening/watching

Mike

• 2 weeks later...