Why become a member? ×

Japan FSR 62 Precision - any info?

tredders

I’ve been looking for a decent 62 RI P bass and have been offered one of these FSR models.  It’s a 2014, and has had some decent upgrades made to it (TI flats, pro setup, Lindy Fralin pups fitted, CTS pots, switchcraft jack, cloth wiring).

Whilst I’ve played & owned (and like a fool, sold) both the more common US and Japan reissue basses, I’ve never played or heard much about the more recent FSR models. 

Anyone tried one?  It’s the blue one with tortie pick guard, which seems to have been quite a limited run.  See below for sample pic.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to value of one of these?

Thanks in advance.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTuzZua1Bc8Ic0wcXSGhI

1 minute ago, Thunderpaws said:

I seem to remember they were about £800 when they came out. ‘‘Twas about the same time I was looking and I bought an American Special for just a bit more. 

Thanks for that.  I'm trying to work out how well this would compare against a JV '62... there seems to be very little info around on these models, and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing!