Why become a member? ×

Volt loudspeakers

SisterAbdullahX

I suppose this goes out to any of you lucky people who are priveliged enough to own a Glockenklang cab. I'm interested in the idea of getting some Volt Ps10/175 loudspeakers and putting them in an empty 4x10 box, or getting someone to build a cab and fit the Volts in, in order to get me a Glock copy. Is it the Ps10/175's that are fitted in the Glock 4x10 cabs (non neo). Do Volt do neo speakers, or are another make fitted in the Take 5 cab? Also, what tweeter and crossover is fitted, and finally, does anyone know who could do a good job of building such a cab? I'm trying to work to a budget of 3-400 quid. Cheers!

Personally I'm quite incomfortable about the idea of reverse-engineering someone else's design work and building a rough copy, though it's worked well (financially) for Behringer.

I'd imagine Glockenklang have enough turnover to have custom made drivers, probably based around available Volt models but with the voice coil, magnet and cone tweaked, possibly quite substantially. The tweeter is more likely to be off-the-shelf but the crossover is likely to be their own design and this has a bigger bearing on the sound than the model of tweeter.

Alex

If I'm correct, Glock use Volt speakers made to their own specs and a Foster tweeter.
The crossover is a thing to behold, beautifully made with the best components.
Save a little extra and get a Glock secondhand as you will struggle to make your money back on a self-build, if you decide to move it on.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='329840' date='Nov 15 2008, 08:19 PM']If I'm correct, Glock use Volt speakers made to their own specs and a Foster tweeter.
The crossover is a thing to behold, beautifully made with the best components.
Save a little extra and get a Glock secondhand as you will struggle to make your money back on a self-build, if you decide to move it on.[/quote]

Thanks for the info Guys. Looks like I might have to stick with what I've got for now. My days of spending 1100 quid on a cab are behind me, unfortunately, and I can't see many people who have one wanting to part with it! Might just get a second hand Hartke 4.5xl to go with the one I've got now. Know of anyone selling one?

If you are interested in putting speakers in boxes, why not put cheaper speakers in a cab you have built yourself from a simple design that is custom made for the speakers? Having now experienced BFM design cabs first hand you can build your own cabs that will sound and perform significantly better than any glock for a fraction of the price.

p.s. you can also ask alexclaber who posted above about his design cabs, - they sound pretty good too.

Edited by Hamster