Why become a member? ×

PC Bass Tabber/trainer of sorts

KennysFord

Hey all.
Someone was asking the other day for software that allows you to slow a piece of music without altering the pitch etc to help learning songs etc,Ive looked for the OP,s thread but cant find it.
Anyways if you lot are'nt familiar with this one its Digital Music Mentor
[url="http://www.sienzo.com/"]http://www.sienzo.com/[/url]

Its similar to the tascam bass trainer in that you can loop/slow sections but it tabs out the bass for you and gives you the g**t*r chords as well.It's $50 ish to buy but well worth it IMO.
Hopefully there'll be someone out there that doesnt know about it and will find it usefull.Ive had it for a year or so now and hav'nt had any problems (touch wood) with it so far.It sometimes struggles with faster sections but it gives you enough to work out the gaps.
worth i post i reckon. :)

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='328919' date='Nov 14 2008, 10:21 AM']Hey all.
Someone was asking the other day for software that allows you to slow a piece of music without altering the pitch etc to help learning songs etc,Ive looked for the OP,s thread but cant find it.
Anyways if you lot are'nt familiar with this one its Digital Music Mentor
[url="http://www.sienzo.com/"]http://www.sienzo.com/[/url]

Its similar to the tascam bass trainer in that you can loop/slow sections but it tabs out the bass for you and gives you the g**t*r chords as well.It's $50 ish to buy but well worth it IMO.
Hopefully there'll be someone out there that doesnt know about it and will find it usefull.Ive had it for a year or so now and hav'nt had any problems (touch wood) with it so far.It sometimes struggles with faster sections but it gives you enough to work out the gaps.
worth i post i reckon. :)[/quote]

Windows Media Player lets you slow music down without changing the pitch too
There used to be a "variable speed" menu but I can't find that now.
The easiest way is to start the track and then press Ctrl + shift + S for slow, N for normal and F for fast

It works great for me,i use it all the time to figure tracks out.You can pretty much start jamming to most tracks straight away.I am a lazy baas tho'. For instance..it's near as damn it spot on with "signed sealed delivered i'm yours",it misses the odd gost note here and there. I mention the Gladys knight track,most of its there tabbed out as its playing but you can loop sections to repeat and slow down if neccassary to dig deeper into the track.
I found that it negates the use of the tascam unit at home and i just use this software.It also transposes the tab as well plus a few other things. You pays your money you takes your choice but ive found it great value for money,i use it every day.
There is a free demo but there's talking over the top of it. :)

Edited by kennyrodg

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='328968' date='Nov 14 2008, 11:24 AM']It works great for me,i use it all the time to figure tracks out.You can pretty much start jamming to most tracks straight away.I am a lazy baas tho'. For instance..it's near as damn it spot on with "signed sealed delivered i'm yours",it misses the odd gost note here and there. I mention the Gladys knight track,most of its there tabbed out as its playing but you can loop sections to repeat and slow down if neccassary to dig deeper into the track.
I found that it negates the use of the tascam unit at home and i just use this software.It also transposes the tab as well plus a few other things. You pays your money you takes your choice but ive found it great value for money,i use it every day.
There is a free demo but there's talking over the top of it. :)[/quote]

Has it been improved then? Because I tried it about three years ago and I found it fairly poor at tabbing bass.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='334431' date='Nov 22 2008, 02:47 PM']Has it been improved then? Because I tried it about three years ago and I found it fairly poor at tabbing bass.[/quote]

Horses for courses i guess. For me i find it gives me enough to work a toon out pretty quickly.Any gaps it does leave can be looped and slowed down to work out by ear.It's not perfect but its £30 at the end of the day.

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='334441' date='Nov 22 2008, 02:59 PM']Horses for courses i guess. For me i find it gives me enough to work a toon out pretty quickly.Any gaps it does leave can be looped and slowed down to work out by ear.It's not perfect but its £30 at the end of the day.[/quote]

Maybe I was expecting too much and should try it again. How long have you been using it; is it possible it has been improved?

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='334441' date='Nov 22 2008, 02:59 PM']Horses for courses i guess. For me i find it gives me enough to work a toon out pretty quickly.Any gaps it does leave can be looped and slowed down to work out by ear.It's not perfect but its £30 at the end of the day.[/quote]
I could have sworn i saw it on a torrent site like BTJUNKIE i dont agree with that type of thing or condone it in anyway but if somebody wanted to try before they buy!! :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='334482' date='Nov 22 2008, 04:22 PM']Maybe I was expecting too much and should try it again. How long have you been using it; is it possible it has been improved?[/quote]

Ive had it about 18 months so tbh i'm not sure if it's new version or not.There are periodic update downloads now and again.