Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttlemax 12.2 repair?

worldshed

Hi Bass Hive

I have just dropped by beloved Genz Benz shuttlemax 12.2. The volume pot is now slightly bent. Now it powers up but when I turn the volume there is just an occasional thud. My instinct tells me its not a major repair, perhaps the volume pot needs replacing - put I don't know. I LOVE this amp. Its by far the best I've had so Im very keen to have it repaired and by someone who is reliable and knows the technology (I had an amp sutured by a tinlkerer once) and don't want the experience again). Also I am poor (who isn't nowadays) and ideally I need it doing pretty quick (and its Christmas). So..... Any recommendations? Please help peeps!!

M

This happaned to mine after it fell in the back of the van. I opened it up and took the pot out ordered one of the same value and soldered in the new one. I struggled to find one that was notched so the new ones is a standard pot but does the same job.

Whole job tool 10 mins with basic soldering iron.

If you can wait till next week i bought a pack of 3 but left them at work (where i repaired it) so you can have one for the price of postage if you like.

Thanks Anytre!

Thats really helpful and extremely generous of you. However, I've just looked inside and I think its beyond me abilities! In not good with a soldering iron at the best of times and it all looks very fidgety. 

Im pretty certain it is the pot. I just tested it and on occasion, as a turn the volume it would work and come through crystal clear before distorting slightly and cutting out again. Then i'd turn it and it would do the same thing again.

M

Edited by worldshed

On 12/16/2017 at 20:59, worldshed said:

Thanks Anytre!

Thats really helpful and extremely generous of you. However, I've just looked inside and I think its beyond me abilities! In not good with a soldering iron at the best of times and it all looks very fidgety. 

Im pretty certain it is the pot. I just tested it and on occasion, as a turn the volume it would work and come through crystal clear before distorting slightly and cutting out again. Then i'd turn it and it would do the same thing again.

M

no worries, i've found them now so if you want one for a repair in the future send me a message and i'll get one to ya  

On 16/12/2017 at 20:44, Andytre said:

Whole job tool 10 mins with basic soldering iron.

If you can wait till next week i bought a pack of 3 but left them at work (where i repaired it) so you can have one for the price of postage if you like.

That's very generous of you.

Edited by stevie
typo