longtimefred

USA Ampeg SVT 2 Pro with Flightcase SOLD
£700

Ok, very very begrudgingly i am putting my beloved USA Ampeg SVT2 Pro up for sale, simply because i have found something equally as heavy and grunty that fits my band and me a little more than the Ampeg does at this moment in time.  (which i never  though i would hear myself say). This amp has served me well over the last few years and has never skipped a beat. It has done probably 40+ shows with me since i have had it and is a real tour grade monster. 

It has just come out of a service from Aston Electronics in Stone (Staffs) with a new set of Tung Sol 6550 power tubes and a full check over and clean bill of health. 

It comes with a Rhino live in flight case that is as tough as the amp itself. This thing is not light. i repeat, not light. Weighs in at about 47kg with the case. Its never been a problem for me as i tour with a van, have band mates to help load it and the biggest sound on the planet is worth carrying. 

I will not courier this bad boy, i want the buyer to come to Stoke on Trent to pick it up from my studio so they can check it all out and be happy before going away and living a better life knowing that you now own the greatest amp of all time. Either that or can happily look at meeting within a distance. I travelled from Gloucester to Newcastle upon Tyne then back to Stoke to get this thing when i got it! 

bumf form the Ampeg website

RMS Power Output (4 Ohms): 300-Watts 
RMS Power Output (2 Ohms): 300-Watts 
Preamp: Tubes (4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7) 
Driver Tubes: 1 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AU7 
Power Amp: Tubes (6 x 6550) 
Tone Controls: 3-Band 
Mid Tone Control: 5-Position 
Graphic EQ: Yes, 9-Band 
Ultra Low/High Boosts: Yes 
Balanced Line Out: Yes, Pre/Post (transformer) 
Effects Loop: Yes 
Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes
Slave Out: Yes 
Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 7.5 x 15.75
Weight: 70 Pounds

Any other questions let me know

Cheers

Will 

20171210_212947.jpg

20171210_212952.jpg

20171210_213012.jpg

20171210_213019.jpg

20171210_213028.jpg

20171215_151827.jpg

20171215_151834.jpg

Edited by longtimefred
  • Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By leftybassman392
      Up for sale here is my Cornford Hurricane. Made on 21/06/2004. Bought from it's original owner in 2008. AFAIK he never gigged it, and only gigged by me a couple of times (and not at all for 9 years). As a result, it's in spanking good condition; and just to be sure, has had a recent service and revalve. The original valves are visible in one of the photos, and can be included if the buyer wishes.
      Forum regulars will know my reasons for selling this, but it's all explained in this thread
      The amp is complete and original, and comes with a proprietary soft dust cover.
      For what I hope are obvious reasons post or courier is not realistic. An exchange at my house, the buyer's house or somewhere in between is thus the solution of choice. I'm happy to transport it as necessary, and given the asking price this will be done free of charge within 50 miles or so of Birmingham. Beyond that, I'll need to charge a small transit fee (which will be nominal as a way of helping me offset my transit costs).
      I'm open to reasonable ballpark offers.
      Payment would need to be CoC or bank transfer. Sorry, but this isn't negotiable.
      This amp is being advertised elsewhere.
      As always, I'll be happy to answer sensible questions here or by PM. My feedback is here
      Photos:

• By Duroc17
      DeArmond Starfire bass by Guild from 99 (Korean) with original gold foil pups - recently set up with heavy gauge bass Jamerson style flats for great thumpy tone - just recorded with it, very smooth tone. Has real solid build for semi - not like some that feel like a toy - fret wear good, neck good, intonation great. Solid build for a semi, new jack hole in front. No real blemishes for age - couple of small surface scratches - comes with non original hard case - feel free to ask questions
      Also available Ampeg pf50t with pf210 cab that it goes in - £800 - sorry cant ship this as valves etc and it's about 25kg all in - but welcome to come try it in studio in Preston North west
      Prefer cash on collection from Clitheroe or Preston - can drive within an hour of both

• By OriginalGBass
      NOW £650!

For Sale or Trade for 2x 1x15 or 2x 2x10 cabs or one 2x15 cab, Markbass preferable but not essential. Price includes delivery within 50miles of Leeds area, or collection no posting.
      Used for touring this summer in Europe, which is now over. I am back to smaller venues and this is a bit overkill for smaller ones, and i'd like the option to have a more modular setup for this ie. two cabs that can be used in isolation or combined, this seems logical moving forward.
      As with all my gear this has been very well looked after and is in very good condition, comes complete with a custom Roksolid padded cover that I had made for it. 
      A truly fantastic sounding cab, if you've tried a markbass 4x10 imagine two of those! superb frequency response, no lost mids like the Ampeg equivalent. Aside from a great sound reproduction this 8x10 has the cool vintage looks most want in a cab like this, it really is a looker, but at an incredible 40kg.
      Easily fits in the back of my VW Golf with room to spare in length being a compact size at 116cm in length, and no assistance required. Very manoeuvrable due to the light weight, solid casters on the rear with pull bar. I have added a black aluminium kick plate to the rear of the cab offering greater protection to this area.
      Tolex is spot on throughout, no tearing.
      Bought for £1069 and still under MB warranty, Priced to sell at 700 all in, any trial welcomed.

Website info:http://www.markbass.it/product-detail/classic-108/
      IMPEDANCE
      4 ohms
      SPEAKER SIZE
      8x10 in.
      BASS PORTS
      sealed /none
      TWEETER
      1" compression driver with custom horn
      POWER HANDLING
      1600W RMS (AES Standard)
      CROSSOVER FREQUENCY
      3.5 kHz
      FREQUENCY RESPONSE
      54 Hz to 20 kHz
      SENSITIVITY
      103 dB SPL
      WEIGHT
      89.95 lbs / 40.8 kg
      WIDTH
      23.03" / 58.5 cm
      HEIGHT
      45.63" / 115.9 cm
      DEPTH
      18.78" / 47.7 cm

• By livingbasshead
      Ampeg Flip Top Portaflex Range. 2 x 10” and 1 x 15” cabs. 400w each.
      The 115 has a broken handle, and a couple of scuffs (shown). The 210 has a broken wheel socket (I have the wheels)
      Portable but packs a punch, sound great together at 400w at 8 ohms each.
      Any Portaflex range head can be attached to the flip top lids
      Open to offers, can separate but would rather sell as a pair (price is for the pair). Includes one cover. 

• By Beer of the Bass
      70s Dynacord Eminent II amplifier.  This is a valve powered amplifier originally intended for PA use, using a pair of EL34 run at high voltages for a rated output of 80 watts.  In stock form the amp had a four channel transistor preamp, and was built to be very clean and linear sounding.  The perspex front panel has green lights behind it, so it's quite stylish in a kitschy way!  
      I have modified the amp by removing two of the transistor preamp channels and building a preamp based on a late 60s Ampeg B15n using a 6sl7 valve.  This is the four black controls on the right of the front panel.  I used a high voltage FET stage to match the output and impedance requirements of the 6sl7 preamp to the power amp section of the Dynacord, but the signal path for this bypasses all of the original transistor preamp circuitry.  I have also rebuilt the power amp with new filter capacitors and a new pair of JJ E34L valves, and set the bias to suit them.  The two original input channels and their master volume and EQ are still functional too. 
      With the Ampeg style preamp, it provides a very pleasing classic bass sound, and would be a good addition to a retro-minded studio or for moderate volume live use.  It doesn't provide heavily overdriven sounds, but with the preamp gain turned up it does a great subtle breakup that thickens up the sound nicely, and it also has a nice range of clean bass tones.  It's quiet in terms of background noise too.  
      It's relatively compact for a valve head, and comes with a well used but useful ABS flight case to carry it in.  It has impedance selectors on the back panel to run 4, 8 or 16 ohm cabs.  
      I realise this has been around for a while - I've found a suitable box to pack it in, including the plastic case pictured.  So it's now £200 including postage via Parcelforce 48.