jonnypf

WITHDRAWN - Sterling by Music Man Ray35 (black with matching headstock) - £580
£580

EDIT: I have currently withdrawn this bass from sale. Funny thing is, I cleaned and set it up & put new strings on it in preparation to sell it, and then started playing it again and I've fallen back in love with it. There is always a chance I'll put it back on the market again though (we all often change our minds back and forth don't we).

In my ongoing efforts to slim down my bass collection, I have decided I can only justify having one 5 string bass. So sadly I have decided to sell this Sterling by Musicman Ray35 (black with matching headstock), asking for £580.

This bass plays and sounds great and is in really good condition, just a few very small marks which are barely noticeable (I have tried to show them in the photos below). It has a nice bit of flaming on the maple neck wood. The bass has only been gigged a handful of times and is currently set up with a nice low action and custom gauge Slinkys: 40, 60, 75, 95, 125. One of the nicest playing 5 strings I have played (I have owned German Warwicks and Laklands) - this bass is very comfortable and holds its own performance wise against my USA Classic Stingray 4!

As I would prefer not to mess around with sending this bass via delivery, I would prefer to sell it to someone who will collect in person. I am based in South London (Zone 2 SE17), very close to a tube station on the Northern line, so easy to get to. I am in no rush to sell.

- Comes from a pet and smoke free home
- The bass is a decent weight for a 5, never had any problems when gigging it.
- No trades sorry, I have too many basses.

Offical blurb:
The Sterling By Musicman Ray35 is based on the Music Man Stingray5, offering a nut width of 45mm (or 1.77 in) for a comfortable feel at the first position. 3 way switch offers Series and Parallel Pickup/wiring combinations.
Specs:
Solid Lightweight Swamp Ash
Maple neck, Rosewood Fretboard
Nut Width: 45mm (1.77")
21 frets
Music Man Designed 6 bolt Neck Joint
Music Man 5 string spacing: 17.5mm
Music Man Designed Humbucking Pickup
Music Man Designed 3 band Active Preamp
Music Man Designed Bridge w/ Stainless Steel Saddles
34" Scale
Open Gear Heavy Duty Tuners
Bespoke Truss Rod Wheel Adjuster

I will include a gig bag with the bass.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/tVTqF

BIlajK8.jpg

dCXT0lb.jpg

Edited by jonnypf
Withdrawn from sale

After years of owning the full fat USA Stingray 5s I now have two of these - a honeyburst/rosewood and a black cherryburst/maple. These are really great basses with all the same attributes that make the US models such a joy to play. GLWTS!

Keir

Yes, these 5 string SBMM Ray35 basses are remarkably close to the USA basses aren't they.
I would be keeping it if I just didn't have too many bass guitars already, plus I have the Stingray Classic 4 for my Stingray cravings.

I may be up for posting the bass within the UK at the buyers expense.

Edited by jonnypf

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris85
      Hi, 
      for sale is a special piece of art from Germany. A Warwick Streamer 5 in very good condition. It has the typical Warwick-sound. Very even over the whole fretboard and a tight and punchy low b. Craftmanship is extraordinay good. 
      Retail price was 3799€ - now are the prices for german made warwicks much higher.
      It comes with a massive Warwick rockcase and new daddario 165s strings.
      I may consider trades or part exchange.

Big Pricedrop: 1700£

Warwick Machine heads Just a Nut III Brass 34″ scale 24 Jumbo Brass frets Maple fingerboard  Blackwood block inlays Blackwood neck with Maple stripes 2/3 Maple with 1/3 plain Blackwood top body Finish: Natural Oil Passive Seymour Duncan Soapbar’s SSB-5n (Neck) and SSB-5b (Bridge) Pickups Seymour Duncan 3-way with slap contour presets electronics Dome speed control knobs Warwick 2-pieces bridge Warwick security locks Chrome hardware color, maple tuning pegs  RockCase flight case  

• By Lukasz Chyla
      Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5 HH 2016 Limited Edition

Comes with with original hard case.
      Hardly used, very good condition.
      5-way switching system with active 3-band preamp.
      Brilliant instrument with huge sounds palette to choose from.

Any questions, let me know.

• By Ozzy555
      Hi Everyone! 
      New to this site and so I thought I'd start by sharing a purchase I made back in June this year. 
      The 2020 Sterling by Musicman Stingray 34 with swamp Ash Black body and roasted maple neck. This is my first Stingray Bass as I usually play Jazz Basses. Had seen this on the official Sterling site and was blown away with how great it looked. A 'BFR' inspired design they say on the site. Purchased it from a site called Project Music who had only one due in so snapped it up pretty quickly. 
      As I say, my first Stingray so other than a 1990 USA Stingray I borrowed and played for a couple of week's I don't have much to compare it with. I'll start by saying it's loud, very loud although I do usually play passive Basses and one other active Jazz which has nothing on this things volume. 3 band EQ seems fine, plenty of tones can be dialed in easily. Not sure whether the bass boost lacks in the real boomy end. The body looks great with the white grain showing through and is well finished. This is a lump of a bass! May remove the clear scratch plate as after cleaning the bass after use there is quite a bit of dust build up underneath which can become visible. The roasted maple neck is lovely and plays really well. Had to file down the nut edges as they weren't particularly well finished and sharp to touch. I guess that's the real difference when it comes to Indonesian made vs USA made Musicmans. And of course love the all black hardware. 
      Been very pleased with it so far. Not had the opportunity to gig with it as yet due to you know what but have used for online recordings and jamming at home and really feels great to play. 
      Any Stingray players out there recommend any mods at all? I've read that people tend to swap out the standard preamp for something a bit hotter like Aguilars OBP 3. Anyone ever done so and felt the benefits? 
      Have added some pics 😊
      Let me know your thoughts, Q's etc
      Ozzy

• By Nicholasbt
      The bass is like new, has no signs of use or marks. The case is a bit broken but works well anyhow. Includes all documents and case candy.
      These Std Jazz Basses made between 2008 and 2018 are well know for their amazing quality. This one plays like butter.
      - alder body, 
      - maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
      - olympic white with tortoise pickguard 
      I could consider trades on 4 string jazz basses (preferably active)
      (Chair and plant not for sale)

• By [email protected]
      Sadowsky MV PJ5 - £1,700 (excl. condition)
      I bought this new in 2009. It's been my no.1 bass for over a decade and kept in stunning condition. It's a beautiful translucent white finish, so you can see the woodgrain really nicely. Just a few scratch marks on the scratch plate and natural slight wear to the back of the bass, but overall in excellent condition as you can see in the pictures. Happy to send any more pictures directly for anyone seriously interested.
      I don't have all the official measurements now, but it's got an ash wood body, maple neck, 5 string. I have kept it for so long as I was so happy with how the sound just found its place in the mix so effortlessly and never needed to dial in any frequencies to compensate. All the FOH engineers I worked with always commented on how they didn't need to do anything to the signal. I love this bass, but I feel it's time to move on, so happy for this to find a new home now.