Why become a member? ×

New,powered FRFR cabs from GSS - Look like Barefaced FR800/BB2 rivals

Jack

Evening,

I follow GSS on Facebook because I've had the pleasure of briefly owning their mini bass amp and forever drooling over their small power amps. I saw this today and wondered if it would benefit anyone. Not interested myself as I am a happy Barefaced FR800 owner twice over, but they do look like great cabs and if it's anything like the rest of Didier's stuff it will be so well-made and well thought out that it will be worth every (literally EVERY!) penny.

GSS posted this:

[quote]Baffle amplifié GSS 1000 Watts compact: basé sur un haut-parleur de 38cm neodyme PHL Audio et un medium de la même marque, un ampli numérique par haut-parleur, filtrage et corrections par processeur DSP, descend à 30 Hz dans -2dB...Idéal pour tout instrument riche en infra-graves.

GSS custom 1000 Watts active cab: loaded with a 15" PHL Audio Neo bass driver + PHL medium driver, one digital amp per speaker, DSP based digital filtering and corrections, 30Hz in -2dB...ideal for all instruments requiring strong sub bass .

[url="https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guitarsoundsystems.com%2F&h=ATNIUk0VTGx2evpSGNZ2Cc0wn19MWmCQl03JlNCy3IytX7_ctc5EEZOMaRPb9wTClXStzkF4JFwqbRkqRwPtdVeFgufJoX1mBuutT-vovs3PJMKZ-4apdGhf8UQFsOYWxv1OlM4I8WvxKjDzNg1kACE8Mh__PtKRcgZsS_w9Hc5m6Fy9V4oQYPGgei4rxJPdgMn8X9Zow8aIWxq98gjJulxklA-mGLUZ-JU2vuNr1_skKAjSqT6JtzIEYojvCxCnXYsenkmB94mo6xl0SM-WwOQBlQoOtOg"]www.guitarsoundsystems.com[/url][/quote]

I asked how much they were and got this:
[quote]Hi Jack Elliott, we are manufacturing them upon request. The 500W active cab with a 12" woofer is 1000 Euro without tweeter / 1100 Euro with a tweeter. The 1000W active cab with a 15" woofer is 1600 Euro without tweeter and 1800 Euro with a tweeter. Any question is welcome.[/quote]

So it looks as though there's a 12" for £1000 or so and a 15" for, what, £1500? Not cheap. Still though, I'm sure that they'll make great full-range PA cabs or even stage cabs with a suitable HPF. I'm not sure I'd want -2dB at 30Hz without some sort or protection!

I find this kind of stuff really interesting. I'm sure that traditional amps will be around forever, but it's nice to have more options to use stuff like this for gigs. I like having one cab that I can use for bass, guitar and PA duties.

Edited by Jack