Why become a member? ×

New tune and video live!

lobematt

Good afternoon, Matt...

Hmm... New 'tune', eh..? 'Opus', 'work', 'piece'; there are others that would fit well. I wouldn't have chosen 'tune'. Not that it's not listenable, of course, but one has to have a certain [i]penchant [/i]for dissonance and lumpy beat/tempo changes to appreciate it, I'd say. I especially liked the 'Genesis' passage at 5', of rather too short duration for my simple tastes; the coherence had only just started to gel (it takes me a while to 'get into' stuff of the sort...). Whilst fully recognising the hard work that goes into the execution of music of this complexity, there remains a feeling of randomness in the original choice of just what notes to put down on the score in the first place. There's not much to cling on to as the composition sways and leaps from theme to theme; the overall impression is one of giddiness. It's maybe not written with pastoral thoughts in mind, of course; the clue is maybe in the title..?
Special mention for the drummer, who seems relaxed and at home from end to end, without the crutch of a music stand, and, apparently, without a 'click' or voice-over to keep him on track. Good Stuff from all, just the same; well done.

Edited by Dad3353