Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 50's re-issue bass

Linus27

Just wondering if anyone has got one of the Fender Precision 50's re-issue basses and would share what they think of it. I have not seen them anywhere in the shops and just wondering what they are like. Piccies would be good also if you don't mind.

Thanks

[quote name='Linus27' post='325327' date='Nov 9 2008, 03:31 PM']Just wondering if anyone has got one of the Fender Precision 50's re-issue basses and would share what they think of it. I have not seen them anywhere in the shops and just wondering what they are like. Piccies would be good also if you don't mind.

Thanks[/quote]

If you are still talking about the MIM then, as per my reply in your other thread, I didnt get on with the neck.
They look lovely though and IMHO well worth the money. I never got to gig mine though.

If you have a look over on the Fender forum, go back to late last year and there were quite a few threads and a few good pics from owners. All positive comments.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='325743' date='Nov 10 2008, 10:18 AM']If you are still talking about the MIM then, as per my reply in your other thread, I didnt get on with the neck.
They look lovely though and IMHO well worth the money. I never got to gig mine though.

If you have a look over on the Fender forum, go back to late last year and there were quite a few threads and a few good pics from owners.[/quote]

Thanks Dave, thats a great help. Heading over to Fender forum now.

Adding my opinion...

Can't go wrong...

I have recently purchased one of these and it's now my favorite bass.

The neck is quick, bit fatter as everybody else has said but it's no issue. The maple board is lovely to use and the body wood (Alder) on mine anyway is awesome. Love the reverse tuners (look great, no issue to get used to) and the bass is pure Precision. I am sure even Roger Waters or JJ Burnel would be impressed. The mojo is strong in this one....

Here is a picture of mine:

[attachment=15814:21102008084.jpg]

Good luck with the hunting...

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='325754' date='Nov 10 2008, 10:32 AM']No problem.
Here's one to get you started. I was involved with this one. In fact i think it was this thread that sold me on getting one.

[url="http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=654063"]MIM 50's classic thread[/url][/quote]