Why become a member? ×

Frankfurt Musik Messe

bassaussie

Hey,

I was hoping to get some advice about Musik Messe. I'm looking into going next year, and I'm trying to book accomodation. What I wanted to know is if anybody has been, and what they'd recommend about accomodation. For instance, is it better to stay really close to the fair grounds, or is the public transport adequate to get around town a bit. Also, what's the area around the fair ground like regarding safety etc (ie. is it a safe part of town or not)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Mark.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='321902' date='Nov 4 2008, 04:16 PM']Hey,

I was hoping to get some advice about Musik Messe. I'm looking into going next year, and I'm trying to book accomodation. What I wanted to know is if anybody has been, and what they'd recommend about accomodation. For instance, is it better to stay really close to the fair grounds, or is the public transport adequate to get around town a bit. Also, what's the area around the fair ground like regarding safety etc (ie. is it a safe part of town or not)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Mark.[/quote]

It's pretty safe. If you are flying, make sure you fly to the right airport. Don't be lured into flying to Frankfurt Hahn. It's over an hours drive away from Frankfurt. Best bet for accomodation is the Novatel straight opposite the Messe. You'll be able to get in there if you are going the public day. It gets a bit busy otherwise. Public transport in Franfurt is exceptional. The taxis are really cheap and the underground is very clean and efficient (like everything German). It's a pretty safe part of town. To be honest, when the cops have shooters, nobody tends to muck about.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='321955' date='Nov 4 2008, 06:00 PM']It's pretty safe. If you are flying, make sure you fly to the right airport. Don't be lured into flying to Frankfurt Hahn. It's over an hours drive away from Frankfurt. Best bet for accomodation is the Novatel straight opposite the Messe. You'll be able to get in there if you are going the public day. It gets a bit busy otherwise. Public transport in Franfurt is exceptional. The taxis are really cheap and the underground is very clean and efficient (like everything German). It's a pretty safe part of town. To be honest, when the cops have shooters, nobody tends to muck about.[/quote]

Excellent, thanks for the info. I was intending to go via Frankfurt Airport (the main one), but thanks for the heads up about Hahn. I'll check out the Novotel as well.