Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

***Withdrawn***
£325

mihangle

On offer here is a lightweight Yamaha RBX A2.
The only thing that put me off these bases was the lack of inlays on the neck, so I had a luthier fit abalone dots.
I bought the bass from a follow basschatter for £225, and spent £100 on the neck.
I also added a Fender original (plastic!) thumbrest.
So looking to get back what I spent on it.
Usual light marks commensurate with use, including a small ding on the inside of the top cutaway, not readily visible. One of the hinges of the 9v battery holder is broken, but it still keeps the battery in place.
It's not an active bass - the battery is only for the LEDs on the dials. I thought this was a gimmick, but is actually quite useful when playing live, a glance at the brightness of the LED shows how much is dialed in.
Can post for £16.50.
Has recent set of flatwounds on, decent quality, can't remember if they are La Bella or D'Addario.

Will consider trade for a Precision or Yamaha BB.

Thanks for looking.

[attachment=249711:DSC_0760.JPG]
[attachment=249712:DSC_0761.JPG]
[attachment=249713:DSC_0763.JPG]
[attachment=249714:DSC_0764.JPG]
[attachment=249715:DSC_0766.JPG]
[attachment=249716:DSC_0759.JPG]

I'm based in Pembrokeshire, but the guitar can be collected from me at work in Cardiff.

Edited by mihangle

These are pretty lightweight - but the addition of the abalone dots will have increased the weight I would imagine :P
Nice bass though - had the 5-string version for a while and was very happy with what it could do, just didn't get on with 5-strings...
GLWTS

Maybe more like[b] . . . . : . . . .[/b]
:D
I generally like the "clean" fretboard on these Yamahas, but yours looks really nice with the abalone dots.
My Yamaha GAS has been (temporarily) cured with the purchase of an old RBX1000.

Edited by anzoid