Why become a member? ×

What to buy?

agroupuk

Hi all,

I am still very new to bass but a few friends and I have decided to start a Kings of Leon cover band for shits and giggles.

I am not that good yet - I can play enough to get by and I am learning fast even if I say so myself.

I presently have 4 bass's. An Epiphone Thunderbird (which I know people hate but I love it), an Ibanez BTB07Ltd, a 5 string OLPmm3(?) and a Tanglewood TW55 acoustic bass.

These are presenlty played through an Ashdown Perfect 10 combo with and without pedals (ashdown envelope and distortion)

Now my question :)

I fancy getting something I can practice on AND I can gig with (not that I am gigging yet but lugging the perfect 10 about is a pain when I go to my mates studio or house)

The Ashdown is ok but it sounds er dull? I dont know if thats what I mean, maybe it just sounds a bit lifeless to me. Also the single handle design leaves a lot to be desired when moving it from place to place.
I was looking at maybe a small Markbass combo or a Genz Benz to replace it - leaving me the option to add a cab to either if I get to the point of gigging.
Bass Day next sunday has Bassdirect there and I was hoping to have a little listen to both and maybe buying one or the other.(if you cant afford it.... finance it! - guess the film anyone?)

My question is would one of these do the job and if not any other makes? needs to be portable, gigable, expandable and able to play quietly for practicing.

Any help apreciated.

:huh:

Edd