Why become a member? ×

## Sold ## EB Musicman Stingray 3 Eq with 2 Necks - Gloss Maple & Status Graphite
£1000

Deedee

Well I’ve decided that I’m after a US Precision so sadly I’m going to have to part with my Stingray and its 2 necks……….

Musicman Stingray 4H
3 band eq
Black with Black guard

The body does have a few surface scratches and minor dings on it, but nothing major that has gone through to the wood. The electrics are fine and it is a very powerful beast.

[u]Original Maple Neck[/u]

As you are aware MM necks haven’t been gloss for many years. However, after falling in love with the gloss finish on the Fender P I had at the time I looked into getting this refinished. Horizontalste had recently had the neck of his ‘ray refinished by Jon Shuker and was very happy to recommend him. So, off to Mr Shuker it went for a tinted gloss lacquer finish. This included a complete re-fret and new nut. The work on the neck was actually featured on his FB page at the time (some of the pics below are from that feature).

The results are stunning and that black and ‘enhanced’ maple combination is pretty much hard to beat.

As you’d expect the neck is in mint condition. It could in all truth possibly do with a minor fret dress which I was going to send back to Jon to do, but then along came the Status neck so I didn’t bother in the end. This neck is currently still fitted with its original MM tuners.

[u]Status Neck - currently fitted[/u]

I’d heard many good things about pairing a graphite neck with a Stingray so I’ve given that a go too. To be honest, I do really like the combination and it plays beautifully. Also looks real 'stealth' B).

This neck does have a few scratches and minor dings on it. Nothing on the actual face but a few on the side of the neck and the headstock. Again as with the body, there’s nothing that shouts at you but they are there if you look. This neck was previously fitted to an OLP Stingray and the tuners that are currently fitted are from that bass.

So, there you have it. A beast of a bass with 2 neck options for a bag of sand!

I’d prefer to sell everything together, purely because I don’t want the hassle of swapping necks etc.

There’s a slightly battered MM hard case included (or alternatively a MM gig bag if you prefer).

Trades:

A recent US Fender Precision (i.e. one fitted with the Custom Shop ’62 pickup). Must have a rosewood board.

I’m based in South Yorkshire but as always, don’t mind a meet up.

Edited by Deedee