Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute Series L2000 Premium

noelk27

With no plans to gig through next year, moving on two of my backup basses. (Actually, it would be more accurate to describe both as the backups to my backup instruments.) As both these were purchased as backups to my main stage instruments they’ve seen very little use. Prices include mainland UK postage.

G&L Tribute Series, L2000 Premium, Blueberryburst, Swamp ash body, Rock maple neck, Rosewood touchboard. Manufactured in South Korea. Build date 03/03/2006. Supplied with G&L padded gig bag, lead and tools (still sealed), manufacturer’s certificate, warranty card, build date tags, etc. Light use- neck finish starting to lose that raw, new feel. As new condition. £375

G&L Tribute Series, L2000 Premium, Cherryburst, Swamp ash body, Maple neck, Rosewood touchboard (defretted, by Jimmy Moon, Moon Guitars- [url="http://www.moonguitars.co.uk/moonhome.html"]http://www.moonguitars.co.uk/moonhome.html[/url] ). Manufactured in South Korea. Build date 26/04/2006. Supplied with G&L padded gig bag, lead and tools (still sealed), manufacturer’s certificate, warranty card, build date tags, etc. Very light use. As new condition. Currently strung with a new set of D’Addario Chromes (45/65/80/100). £400

I hate Adobe. Artwork available via email. PM your details if interested.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='Frusty' post='319176' date='Oct 31 2008, 04:20 PM']What is the difference between the standard G&L tributes and the Premiums?[/quote]
The only 'standard' ones are the plain black finishes, they're made from basswood. All the others are made from swamp ash. They're all 'premium' unless they're black, basically.

[quote name='Frusty' post='319176' date='Oct 31 2008, 04:20 PM']What is the difference between the standard G&L tributes and the Premiums?[/quote]

[quote name='noisedude' post='319334' date='Oct 31 2008, 08:29 PM']The only 'standard' ones are the plain black finishes, they're made from basswood. All the others are made from swamp ash. They're all 'premium' unless they're black, basically.[/quote]

In the current, 2008, catalogue, yes. Circa 2006, the Korean built Tribute Series was offered in a larger number of finishes. Standard featured a basewood or alder body with solid or trans finishes, while Premium featured an alder or swamp ash body with transburst or special finishes (although a different selection, the equivalent of what G&L USA now label Premier finishes).

[quote name='budget bassist' post='319422' date='Nov 1 2008, 12:27 AM']Wow, how many G&Ls are there for sale right now??!![/quote]
It's mad, isn't it?

I'm waiting for the pics and prices here because I love the design of these basses, I just can't play my 5-string.