Why become a member? ×

FEA labs OPTI-FET compressor arrived!!

VAMPYRE 5

Just bought an OPTIfet compressor new which arrived this week. WOW!!
My initial thoughts;
Fat and yet precise.
Fast whilst subtly gracefull. Incredibly quiet output. Full squash of bottom-end is very consistent, vibrant & sustaining. EQ section is real helpful droping bass a bit so mid & top mainly trigger compression.
Beautiful, musical (as in pleasing) sound.
This really is the Mercedes-Benz of Bass compressor pedals. I've had 2 EBS multicomps and they're ok for a cheap live fix (multiband setting so the bass doesn't dip whilst twanging a high note) but this bad boy, the pre-amp and output alone are like 'Abbey Road' quality!! STUNNING! 😎
DE-CL on order...
p.s I've spent years searching for a low-pass filter pedal until I discovered a XEROGRAPH by Iron Ether here on this forum. Proud owner now. It pays to tune in and ask advice from those who know - cheers guys👍🏻

www.rotosound.com/john-carter/

Edited by VAMPYRE 5

[quote name='VAMPYRE 5' timestamp='1498160524' post='3322921']
Just bought an OPTIfet compressor new which arrived this week. WOW!!
My initial thoughts;
Fat and yet precise.
Fast whilst subtly gracefull. Incredibly quiet output. Full squash of bottom-end is very consistent, vibrant & sustaining. EQ section is real helpful droping bass a bit so mid & top mainly trigger compression.

[/quote]

Is yours the dual band? I've been on their waiting list for one since November last year. Hopefully I'll get an email soon...

No it's the incredibly musical OPTIfet not to be confused with the DUAL BAND OPTICAL compressor. 👍🏻
N.B. Frank's just finished a batch of Dual Band's ready for selling to those lucky people at the top of his list.