Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
Tim Chapple

A Thousand Years Of Light (MIJ Mustang with pick)

Posted (edited)

Here's a live recording from my band - I'm using a MIJ Mustang Bass, recorded on a ZOOM R8 Recorder.
[url="https://youtu.be/I-M1JhxxZyI"]https://youtu.be/I-M1JhxxZyI[/url]

[color=#333333]From Cornwall UK[/color]

[color=#333333]Thousand Years of Light (TYOL) are an English progressive rock band formed in 2015 by Simon Trundle, Nick Perry, Tim Chapple and former guitarist John Weathered Warner. [/color]

[color=#333333]TYOL’s early 2015 sessions were unashamedly reflective of Hawkwind, using space rock, prog and elements of psychedelia. After John’s departure in February 2017, TYOL began to rework their material with current guitarist Si Spring. [/color]

[color=#333333]Si has inspired TYOL to develop a powerful, retro, prog rock sound with the use of increasingly atmospheric and dramatic arrangements, richer melodies and dynamically combining grinding, powerful guitars with long, drifting lead breaks. Passages of truly astounding prog offers the platform to the strong, haunting voice of Perry to deliver his epic and sometimes grandiose lyrics that are in no way eclipsed by the band’s bizarre stage names including Baron Von T, Mirrorhead, Didier Pulsar and Pan Zooot.[/color]

[color=#333333]Thousand Years of Light remain contemporary despite their influences and perhaps could best be described as, 21st century prog![/color]

[color=#333333]"Something is happening, emerging, crystallising from compassion. An awakening, a movement, a realisation. The crystallising machine of change". [/color]

Edited by Tim Chapple

Nice, love the build and the guitars, very trippy and like the way the drums kick in, builds nicely then kicks into a new vibe altogether. Sounds good to me :)

Nice one Stephen, thank you - I love the zoom for recording, but it is sometimes a lottery in terms of placement when you are using the internal mics.