Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Lakland Hollowbody 30 - now £500
£550

dmckee

[color=#3C3241]Lakland short scale semi-acoustic bass. Great tone, excellent condition. Short scale and lightweight so very easy to play. I used it mainly with a bluegrass trio but after that band's demise, I haven't been using it much and could use the cash. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]It originally came with 2 volumes and tone but I had that modded so that it's a master volume, pickup blend and tone. Easily reversible by any guitar tech if you prefer 2 volumes. Also, I swapped the plastic knobs for better quality some black metal ones I had, and I fitted Dunlop strap locks. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Current strung with delightful La Bella white nylon tapewounds. I only discovered these strings recently and they are amazing. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Here's the full spec - [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Scale Length: 30" [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Body Wood: Alder with Maple Top [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Nut Type: Delrin [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Nut Width: 1.5" [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Rock Maple [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Fretboard: Bound Rosewood [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Fret Size: .041/.085" [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Frets: 20 [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Tuners: Hipshot Licensed Ultra-Light [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Bridge: Lakland top mounted tailpiece bridge [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Pickups: Dual vintage style single-coil pickups [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Controls: Master Volume, blend, master tone control layout [/color]
[color=#3C3241]Color: Tobacco Sunburst [/color]

[color=#3C3241]Bass has only been lightly gigged so is in excellent condition. There's one tiny dent in the binding at the 4th fret. I've tried to show it in one picture. I've genuinely never noticed it when playing. Apart from that, it's pretty much perfect. [/color]

[color=#3C3241]I think this bass was £800 when I got it a few years ago. They retail for $1035 in the States, and the only one I can find here is from Musik Productiv and they have it at £1255! UK prices are going up I guess. No trades. In Edinburgh but happy to ship at cost. [/color]

Edited by dmckee

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Steve, [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I don't have any scales in the house to weigh it and I don't think Lakland quote the weight, but it's the lightest bass I own by far and is nice and [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]compact. [/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]It balances pretty well actually. All other semi-acoustic basses I've ever tried have bad neck dive and I wouldn't buy them as a result - this one is much better. If you put one of those seat belt type slidey straps on it there's a *very very slight* hint of neck heaviness, but when I put any other type of strap on it balances just fine. It also balances perfectly on your knee if you're playing sitting down. What's also nice compared to other semis is the rounded body edges, which makes it more comfortable to play. [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I should say I'm [/font][/color][i]very[/i][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"] picky about neck dive - I sold an otherwise lovely Tony Franklin fretless once because of a bit of neck heaviness and this bass has never made me feel like that, I think because the whole bass is so compact, light and comfortable. I want to be as honest and up front as possible, since you asked but with a decent strap I seriously doubt you'd ever notice.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]​It didn't come with a case but happy to ship with an old gig bag if that helps. [/color][/font]

Cheers,

Dave.

Edited by dmckee

Dave - just wanted to say thanks for an easy sale, and for your diligent packing which has ensured the bass has arrived safe and sound. Basschatters take note - Dave's a straight-forward, helpful and honest chap to deal with.

Steve