Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 5502 ****Sold****
£1000

Basstardz

Hi,

I'm selling my Lakland
Mint conditions.
it s the version with hanson Pu and Preamp.
It was built in 2011.
35"
4.2kg
No problem to ship it.
No trades
1000€
Cheers

Edited by Basstardz

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1496580297' post='3312405']
I've never heard of Hanson pu and preamp
What they like?thanks
[/quote]

They're their own pickups and preamp that Lakland have fitted in their 55-02 and 55-94 (and probably other models too) for several years now. They changed from Bartolini when Hanson bought Lakland from Dan Lakin, IIRC. I've never A/B'd them, but I believe they are very similar.

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1496580297' post='3312405']
I've never heard of Hanson pu and preamp
What they like?thanks
[/quote]

http://www.hansonpickups.com

As lowregisterhead says, they have been fitting these pickups and preamps in Lakland Basses for a number of years now. I have owned a number of different Lakland Skyline (the non-US ones... not that you'd know) basses over the last 5-6 years. The first one bought was a 55-02 DLX, which had Bartolini. I was so impressed with it I bought another one... the same model/year as this one for sale, which has Hansons. It was so much nicer to play and sounded sweeter that I sold the other one, and this is pretty much my main gigging bass now. I have subsequently owned and sold a fretless 55-02 (a conversion from a fretted one, so I've not yet played an original Lakland fretless), a JO5 (which was lovely and punchy, but was just too heavy for my poor back!), and now I also own a DJ5, which also has Hanson pups.

The range of tones on a 55-02 is amazing. The bridge pickup is splittable, so you can use all of it or as a jazz pickup in two body (60s or 70s) positions. The preamp is not an aggressive or extreme one (compared to Spector tonepumps and similar I've had in the past. I have a J-retro in my DJ5; it is absolutely awesome and worth every penny, but I don't know where/how anyone could use the max boost on any of the frequencies!), and is very useable, giving a wide range of tones. You can also change the frequency of the mid pot using dip switches in the control cavity, to tune it to your specific needs (my fretless was set differently to the fretted ones to make it more growly. Please don't ask what frequencies, it was too long ago to remember now).

I love my 55-02, a versatile tool which has been with me for longer than all but one of the basses I've owned... that probably qualifies as a keeper then, I'd say!

• 2 weeks later...