Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Hofner 185 bass - Price drop to £200
£250

funkydoug

SOLD

This is in 100% immaculate condition, and will posted in the original Hofner packaging.

It's is an interesting bass, originally made in the 1960's and recently rereleased.

This one is in a vintage white (kind of creamy, and creamier than Fender Olympic white) with a 3 ply black pick guard.
Pickups are 2 hofner humbuckers with an on-off switch, volume and tone for each one.
Bridge is beefier than a standard Fender affair, but not as high mass as Badass etc. Perfectly fine for the purpose.

Pics are Available here:
[url="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0rQ2P3aqdeSRlREcEZEcXVIMFE"]https://drive.google...RlREcEZEcXVIMFE[/url]

It feels and sounds different to Fenders, as you might expect, and the neck is wider than a Precision to my feel. More like a Rickenbacker. It's not too heavy, somewhere between my PJ bass and my beastly heavy jazz.
One more thing to mention, which may seem trivial, is that th e body is nicely offset like a jazz but it stands up straight when rested against an amp/wall like a P bass does. That's a nice touch for a gigging bass, in my book at least!

There are several videos and reviews online but I'm happy to answer any questions about it.

They were reasonably priced when new but now seem hard to find. As this is totally immaculate I think £250 (plus postage) is a very fair price. Nearly new Gator hard case available for a further £50, see the pics.
Cheers, Doug

Edited by funkydoug

Bump - and to let folks know that I've added a pic of the bass its case to the pics folder. This case can be bought for £50 on top of the bass price. It's nearly new Gator case and it may help if you're concerned about the courier's interpretation of fragile!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...