Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Prestige SR5006e Bass
£950

Japow

Hi Family it has been a good while...

I'm selling my 5006, which I bought off here from 4Stringer (Paul) a few years ago.

Unfortunately it has seen no playing time as I exclusively use the Lakland I got from EZBass. So it's time for it to go as I need to make space for a potential new arrival.

The bass is offered with a Mono Vertigo gig bag.

It retails at over £2000 when you can find one stocked and is set to become a real collectors item in years to come.

It has been professionally serviced by Sam Walker ar Gibson Guitars in London and it is strung with Ibanez Nanoweb strings for a really warm fat sound. Sam also sorted the mid pot issue on this bass by replacing a circuit.

See below for a Full Description:

The SR5006E features a Power Curve III three-band EQ, developed specifically for the SR Prestige range. It includes a Mid Q control to make adjustment of the core tone extremely simple, and an On/Off switch so you can bypass the EQ altogether if you want to.

The Mono-Rail IV bridge isolates the strings by independently locking down each saddle to the body, for maximum vibration transfer. The saddle heights are easily adjustable with a single screw for each.

The bass has a five-piece wenge and bubinga neck, and a wenge fretboard with mother-of-pearl and abalone oval inlays. The 24 medium frets have the Prestige fret edge treatment, for a smooth, comfortable playing experience. A hardshell case is included to protect the bass when not in use.

Features/Specifications:

Body & Bridge:

Body Material: Mahogany/WengeTop: WengeFinish: OilBridge: Mono-Rail IV Bridge

Neck & Fingerboard:

Neck Material: 5-Piece Wenge/BubingaNeck Construction: Bolt OnFingerboard: WengeScale Length: 34" / 864mmRadius: 305mmFrets: 24 Medium Frets with Prestige Fret Edge TreatmentPosition Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl & Abalone OvalWidth at Nut: 54mm

Electronics & Hardware:

Neck Pickup: Bartolini® Custom Neck PickupBridge Pickup: Bartolini® Custom Bridge PickupEqualiser: Power Curve III 3-Band EQ with EQ Bypass SwitchControls: Volume, Bass, Mid,

Collection from Warlingham in Surrey

Any questions please get in touch with me on 07957929902.

Cas.

[quote name='DangerDan' timestamp='1494280539' post='3294733']
+1 for the work Sam at Gibson does. He's a talented fella!
[/quote]

He is indeed a talent and he's a nice bloke as well!