Why become a member? ×

- Sold - Feeler: Columbus Jazz Bass - fixer upper

Frusty

- Sold -

I've had this for years with the aim of fixing it up, but deep down I know I'll never get round to it...

Basically it's a Columbus Jazz Bass, that has had:

- Schaller Tuners Fitted
- Kent Armstrong Vintage Pickups Fitted
- A Refret

However, at the moment it's not playable because of the fact that it's terribly badly set up, and the electronics aren't connected properly! It could probably do with a new nut as well. Whoever did the refret job didn't fit one or two of the frets perfectly and they could maybe do with being replaced - make no mistake, this is a very battered bass but it is 30 years old so there's no fake relic-ing going on here, this looks like an old guitar because it is one lol.

Originally, it came with a battered red tort scratchplate (which I still have) and a control plate with black knobs on it (which I also still have) - however I thought it looked better without the sctratchplate and I bought the jaco-like control plate you see in the pic, but never got round to soldering it.

So, would anyone be interested in this at all as a bit of a fixer-upper/project bass? I'm sorry but I have no idea what to charge for it - I know that Columbus basses go for good money on eBay if they are in good condition but obviously this isn't!

Alternatively, am I better taking this apart and flogging the parts?

If anyone wants to see the bass with the original scratchplate/control plate, I can refit them and take a photo - but like I said I think it looks better without them!

- Sold -

Edited by Frusty