Why become a member? ×

Arcam/B&W/Atacama - NOW SOLD

I'm having a rethink about hi-fi in my extension, so I need to move a few things on.

I've got a pair of black B&W series one 501 speakers, a pair of sand filled Atacama SE24 speaker stands (plus spikes), an Arcam Alpha 7 amp, quite a few metres of QED Microwire (black), and some banana plugs all for sale.

One of the speakers has a small chip on one corner (out of sight) and while it looks fine, the frame of one of the cover grills could use glueing (these both happened in transit here four years ago).

Essentially, just add a CD player or an iPod and you're sorted.

I'm in Crowthorne, on the Bracknell side of Reading. If anyone is interested PM me. £125 for the lot? No offers please.

Cheers
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='stu_g' post='314774' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:25 PM']any pics im only in basingstoke and im a big fan of b&w speakers cheers stuart[/quote]

I'll do pics in the morning. They're 601s by the way, not 501s. My mistake, sorry.

Someone has asked me why I'm selling. It just seems that I listen to more music off an iPod set on shuffle than CDs - we're having a new TV delivered this week - the old 32"CRT is now in the extension (and taking up a huge amount of space) and together with my gear, a couple of sofas, table etc. we simply haven't got the square footage for everything (including the speakers/stands), so I'm going to get a Klipsch or Logitech dock for the iPod in the extension, which will suffice for now.

Just to add a further sweetener, I think I have a few more metres of QED micro in my man-drawer in the garage.

P

They've got to be series one - I've got a pair of series two as well and the serial number plate shows S2. To be honest both sets are capable enough and I can't really tell the difference soundwise.

That said, these are [s]now provisionally[/s] sold.

Thanks
P

Edited by NancyJohnson