Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Precision '59 transitional - vintage white £1675 - ON HOLD
£1675

three

ON HOLD - For sale (no trades or offers please), a Fender CS Precision '59 transitional model in vintage white. The bass is in near perfect condition with some very slight player wear. The only blemishes that I can find are some marking just in front of the bridge (from loading new strings or foam?), minor lacquer scrape on the edge of the headstock (too me weeks to see it), and slight colour ageing of the vintage white - it looks like banana custard.

I bought this for some gigs last year and it's no longer required (though it would be lovely to keep it, next gigs/recordings require something entirely different). I have just over £1775 in the bass so hope that the price represents a bit of a bargain.

Comes with original deluxe Fender tweed case and candy (hang tags, certificate, covers, little pack of CS plectrums etc.). The bass was set-up professionally around 4 months ago with DR Sunbeams (45-100) and these have hardly been used. The bass also has a very expensive SIMS 10 hole nitrocelluloid scratch plate - the original is included but the SIMS looks much more authentic early '60s. Fingerboard is 3A rosewood and beautifully striated. Action is very low - possibly too low for most P players - very slight buzz around frets 14-16 on the D if one digs in - easily solved by fractional raising of the action (I play with a very light touch). It's a 1.75" nut width and the neck is characteristically very shallow and comfortable front to back - there's some subtle flame in the neck (I've seen this on original examples from the era).

Available for collection from Manchester or can ship at buyer's expense and risk (only to UK and Western Europe).

Apologies for the dreadful and single image. There's not much that I can do 'til I get home on Weds but have some further images that I'll try to upload later.

Edited by three

I know this bass is on hold, I'm interested in the scratch plate. From what you said I may try to get one done for my P bass (which is just plastic and not great looking) from sims. How much was is and any chance of a closer picture of it.