Why become a member? ×

Clear out! Amps and Effects....

tanuki

Having a big clear out so the following are up for sale... I will add better descriptions, photos etc but just wanted to get the ball rolling!

[b]AMPEG B25B Cabinet.. £450 ono[/b]

This is and original 1970s 2 x 15 cabinet that has been restored to its former glory using parts from Fliptops.com by the previous owner.. There are a couple of minor scrapes to the tolex but apart from that this is a brand new looking 70s cab if that makes sense! The speakers have been upgraded too so the cab can take the output from an SVT or other modern amps..
The sound is big deep and vintage, i used it with an old SVT and it sounded amazing..
This is a normal sized 2x15 cab but is very light to carry its easy with two and still possible with one..
I've since got hold of a Bergantino NV215 so i cant really justify keeping this and need the space!

[b]CROWN Xs 500 POWER AMP... £200 ono[/b]

An excellent power amp, has never let me down, I used it with an aguilar db659 and the power and headroom was more than enough for any situation, even outdoor gigs that had minimal PA support..
Although I primarily used this as a bass amp, I have also tried it as a PA amp and it worked well with plenty of power and clarity..

Specs wise it pumps out 500w per channel at 4 ohms, 400w per channel at 8 ohms or you can bridge it for a mono output of 1400w

[b]LINE6 Lowdown LD150 Combo...£150[/b]

A great sounding 150w combo with 6 different amp models and 3 effects going into a 12" speaker, also has a built in tuner...
The amp also has a good direct out and kick back design so you can angle the cab for better on-stage monitoring.

[b]ELECTRO HARMONIX BASSBALLS..£30
[/b]

The classic envelope filter, a lovely old example with mojo..

[b]TRUE BYPASS LOOOPER...£60
[/b]

Custom built true bypass strip with tuner out and 3 independent effects loops.. two of them have a switchable mode where the effects are turned on for the duration that you press down the button rather than the standard switching..

I will add to this listing bit let me know if there is any interest!

Edited by tanuki

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='315267' date='Oct 26 2008, 06:31 PM']I'm quite interested in the looper but how are those momentary switches - are they plastic? They look a bit weak.[/quote]

Hey there,

the momentary switches are the same sturdy construction as the other footswitches with a rubber cover over the top, the switches are metal..