Why become a member? ×

Sold*****D'Addario EXL 160-5 Nickels 50-135

Like a complete arse, I bulk bought 4 Sets of D'Addario EXL 160-5's and have found out they are a gnats whisker too short for my G&L.
Had I gone to the DA web-site first I could have avoided such a stupid mistake. So I now know I need the super long version, ( which will also fit my Spector), and these aren't much use to me.

All Sold.
Thanks All

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='NickThomas' post='314669' date='Oct 25 2008, 07:03 PM']Wont they even fit your G&L if they're strung through bridge?[/quote]
Hi Nick, they will indeed, however there have been a number of "reported incidents" of G&L bridges being ripped off when using the string through bridge option. They are only secured by 2 screws.
As it is probably the Bass that gets used the most, I am not going to risk it...

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='314685' date='Oct 25 2008, 07:36 PM']Hi Nick, they will indeed, however there have been a number of "reported incidents" of G&L bridges being ripped off when using the string through bridge option. They are only secured by 2 screws.
As it is probably the Bass that gets used the most, I am not going to risk it...[/quote]

I've heard of an incident of that also . But it was on a tribute .
I've strung my L2500 through bridge for getting on for 5 years and haven't had a problem :)
That said ... better to be safe than sorry :huh:

edit . I see yours is a tribute and I'm no way saying that's a bad thing . I've still only heard of one incident :huh:

Edited by NickThomas

[quote name='NickThomas' post='314691' date='Oct 25 2008, 06:42 PM']I've heard of an incident of that also . But it was on a tribute .
I've strung my L2500 through bridge for getting on for 5 years and haven't had a problem :)
That said ... better to be safe than sorry :huh:

edit . I see yours is a tribute and I'm no way saying that's a bad thing . I've still only heard of one incident :huh:[/quote]
Yep Nick, I'm with you on this one. Better safe than sorry. I do like the strings though, so will be getting the longer ones.