Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE Warwick Thumb bass 6 fretless
£2450

Matte_black

Bought this rare beauty from the original owner who ordered it from Warwick in 1989. He didn't want a lined fretless but asked for small marks on front and they did a good job.
Always used with flats, so the fingerboard is perfect.
Completely stock, it's missing the truss rod cover but I could make a new one out of ebony for free (Warwick charges €35 for that!).
One ding on the back (not easy to see unless in the right light) keeps it from being spotless. Original Warwick gig bag. £2450 plus shipping.
Not interested in trades, honestly. This is the only one of its kind I've seen in 21 years of playing!
For sale on other sites too.

Edited by Matte_black

I had a few 2003s, 2005 etc. and they're totally different. I hear that the "recent" standard is high again but a bass like this would retail for €3800, if I remember correctly.
And this one has the cool feature of being made before the Wall fell, I guess :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was originally fretted but was made fretless at some point. I think the Dutch death metal bassist has few of them as well I think his name is Jeroen Thesseling. He has around 5 6 string fretless 89 and 90 Thumbs. Great basses