Why become a member? ×

SOLD**MIJ Fender Precision**SOLD

Guest MoJo

I thought long and hard before putting this bass up on the forum. I'd wanted a Precision for such a long time and was lucky to find this superb example at the right price. The serial number suggests it was made in 1989-1990. It has picked up one or two small dings and chips over the years but nothing unsightly and in my opinion it just adds to the character of this bass. Shortly after buying it, I had local luthier [url="http://www.shifnalmusic.co.uk/custom.html"]Jamie Davey[/url] dress the frets and perform a full set-up on it. I plays like a dream and has that classic tone one associates with this instrument.

Why am I selling it? Simple, I miss the versatility of the extra bridge pick-up. I could get one fitted to this guitar but I'd rather leave it as it is and let someone else enjoy it's purety.

The 'tort' pickguard that was on the guitar when I got it has been replaced with a 3-ply white-black-white one and the tuners have been replaced with Wilkinson items. Other than that it is completely original. I will include the tort guard and original tuners in the sale.

I would like another BB414 Yamaha so if there is anyone out there with a BB414 or BB614 that fancies a Precision, drop me a PM and we'll see if we can strike a deal

£250 + shipping buys it outright.

Cheers
Mark

Edited by bassman2790

More pic's...sorry about the quality, I had to use my mobile as the batteries in my camera have died and I've got no more AA's in the house.

[quote name='King Tut' post='312420' date='Oct 22 2008, 07:33 PM']Alder or basswood body, and pics of the bridge and body grain please sir!

Col[/quote]

Not sure how you tell what the body's made of. How does one tell?

My wife has just returned from Tesco with some batteries so here's a couple of pics showing the body grain and the bridge

Edited by bassman2790