Why become a member? ×

Advice on Peter Hooks Playing

fumps

Hi this is a long shot as it's driving me bonkers.

I love a band called Hybrid (Progressive Breaks) who did an album called "Morning Sci-fi" which featured Peter Hooks Bass playing.
Anyway on a track called "True to Form" [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cqR9XljU-RI"]Hybrid live [/url] He plays a bass line that i absolutley love (the Peter Hook Line comes in at 3:23) if you want to have a look.

Now i'm pretty sure this is a New Order Bass line as i recognise it, but i'm going mad as to what the line is from origionally.
I love the peice but & i keep checking out all the various forums but cant find where it's from origionally.

Can someone who is vastly more cleverer than me help?

If so i will remote praise you from where i am.

Are you sure you're not just 'thinking' it's from another track? That bass sound is so distinctive that it might be triggering false memories! He's even using 'that' Yamaha in your clip.

From wikipedia:

[quote].... he contributed a distinctive bassline to Hybrid's 2003 single "True to Form"....[/quote]

That probably doesn't help much, but noteably it [i]doesn't [/i]say that he contributed a bassline {from XXXX New Order track } to Hybrid's..... Maybe it is an original line?

Pluck

Edited by sgt-pluck

Maybe now i'm doubting myself now lol.

The line came from him complaining that no one uses his basslines in remixed music as he puts in so much effort.

So Hybrid being the nice dudes they are had a go........

I'm trying to work this out but struggling at the mo lol

yeh just been listening to this.....like that track.
Cheer for that link it's playing in the background as i type this.

Oh well i'll have to struggle through this one by ear (Have to admit i'm not the best at working things out by ear) but ya ....was hoping to cheat & find the tab for it.

I think it's one of his own lines for the Hybrid song.
I'm pretty familiar with everything Hooky's done. To my ears it's quite reminiscent of his style with late Joy Division & New Order's 1st album

I love his solo on this track.
Fast forward & forget, typically 'sporadic' NO performance of the song to about [b]4.25[/b], where he really goes for it.