Why become a member? ×

Spector Korean Thru-Neck

Breakfast

The time has come when I need to face up to the fact that my addiction to pony has outweighed my addiction to rocking out and it's only fair that I rehome the basses that have been languishing around the house unplayed since I left my last band.

This bass, a Korean made Spector thru-neck is basically perfect. I don't say that lightly- it plays beautifully, it looks amazing and you can get more or less any sound you want out of it's big EMG pickups. It has been beautifully cared for before I owned it ( I bought it from the much missed WFG back in the bassworld days ) and aside from needing the jack socket to be replaced a coupleof years ago it has survived many gigs with me without seeming to have picked up any marks, which is something of a miracle travelling with me, but probably related to the fitted hard case it comes with.

I'll be really sad to see this one go- I honestly can't imagine [i]needing[/i] more bass than this- for sure you could get something with a bigger name or from a more prestigious country, but beyond this point you are, to a degree, subject to the law of diminishing returns. It gigs well, it records well and I have found it absolutely consistent in terms of tone across the strings and up the fretboard.

Anyways, I guess you want to know what it looks like- sorry for the slightly dark pictures, I'm rarely home in daylight:

The whole thing.

My camera just loves that amber sunbursty kind of colour scheme- and so do my eyes!

Looking down towards the bridge

Looking great in action a couple of years ago.

The only problem with it ( if you consider it a problem ) is that it's moderately heavy. Not outrageously so- it balances nicely and it's never been a problem for me, but the solid construction that makes it so reliable also makes it a little heavier than the other basses I own.

Anyways, I would like to be able to make back what I paid for it- I got it for £300 plus whatever postage was required and I felt like I'd got a total bargain at the time and what with inflation and whathaveyou you'll be getting even more of one for the same price. I'm entirely open to suggestion as concerns posting it or otherwise and based in Surrey if you want to buy it and collect in person.