Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX 170

TimmyC

This was my first bass and has served me well, but now it just never gets played and was gathering dust in the corner of my room. Its still in great shape and has a wonderful sparkly blue finish, only has one very small ding on the lower back horn (not visible from front). It also has an upgraded metal jack plate as the previous one was a flimsy plastic one.

Here's what Yamaha have to say

"The Yamaha RBX170 represents amazing value yet the quality is everything you would expect from a Yamaha bass. The solid agathis body, sleek, wide-cutaway contours, allowing the player easy access right to the top of the 24-fret, full-scale neck which carries a genuine rosewood fingerboard. Powering is by two punchy, clear-voiced single-coil vintage-style pickups, with the volume and tone controls augmented by a pickup balance control for added sonic versatility and expression."
[u]
Details:[/u]

* Solid agathis body
* Bolt-on maple neck
* 24 Frets
* 34 inch Scale Length
* Dual P/J-style pickups
* Master volume, master tone and pickup balance controls
* Chrome vintage style bridge

[u]Pics:[/u]

[u]Price:[/u]

Only £70

I can take personal cheque or Paypal (if you cover the fees - extra 3.4%) and postage will be £14 or collection from Bournemouth is fine

Thanks
Tim

Edited by TimmyC

[quote name='neepheid' post='31872' date='Jul 14 2007, 06:45 PM']I'm far too sentimental to sell my first bass :)[/quote]

Yeah mate... don't do it! It's great to pick up your first bass everynow and then. Makes me appreciate all the hard work I've put in and appreciate how lucky I am to have the instruments that I have.

But anyways, this is a great value for money bass. The best in its price range IMHO.

Darn it......

theres a youngster looking for his 1st bass on here, I was going to recomend yours......

No probs if your gonna keep it, upgrade the pups (I did, with SD 1/4pounders) replace the bridge with something more substantial (and teh tuners if you want to roll teh boat out)

You may get an unexpected surprise....... I certainly did!