Why become a member? ×

'Fleetwood' non real name 5 string PJ bass *SOLD*
£80

Woodinblack

This bass which bears the name Fleetwood, although I have seen similar things with different names, so I guess was a generic pattern for people in the 90s.

I bought this bass in the late 90s when I got back from the states and my Aria Cat had gone missing. It was the first 5 string I saw and it has a very narrow spacing - the nut is 40mm. I used this for many years until I bought my first ibanez about 8 years ago, then I put it in the loft. I got it down last year and IT WAS STILL IN TUNE!

Volume / Volume / Tone controls, weighs very little and plays well. The P pickup sounds pretty good, the J is a quite a bit quieter so not so easy to go between them, but nice sound with both of them.
The neck is good, there is a little chip in the black of the headstock. The body is in good condition with no real marking. The machineheads all work well.
I have gigged it live quite a bit and it has never let me down. The neck is a fairly rounded one - a lot deeper than my normal basses, but it doesn't feel too big considering the neck.

Anyway, I got it down from the loft to put a GK3 pickup on it, but the strings were too narrow for it, so it has sat there since being ignored, so happy for any offers. Can ship if you want or deliver within a few tens of miles of yeovil or meet somewhere near bristol / bath / exeter etc.

Edited by Woodinblack

• 1 month later...