Why become a member? ×

Optical Squeeze [SOLD]

Silent Fly

Compulator-inspired compressor. It has some additional features:

- Slightly better response at the lower frequencies (for 5 and 6 string bass)
- Extra-led to indicate the compression level (very useful).
- Standard Boss power supply input.

It is a very clean compressor but if pushed produces a nice saturation (exactly like the Compulator). This can be controlled using the internal trimmer.

The pedal has been built by me with the best components available and a high quality double-side PCB.

I don't make any profit from selling the pedal. £62 (included UK shipping and PayPal).

[attachment=14652:os_front.jpg] [attachment=14653:os_inside.jpg]

Edited by Silent Fly

And recieved!

I have so say I'm bloody impressed by the quality. If I'd have bought this from a shop I wouldn't have know it wasn't pro. Very solid and well put together. Havn't had a chance to test it out yet, will do as soon as I get home tonight.

Ha will do, but doubt it will happen, having now played it my comments are:

True bypass, blue LED so strong it almost blinded me, absolute silent knob turning, no crack hiss or hum even at top volume, jack plugs are very firm and solid, very transparent, distorts at full compression in a nice way. Very plug and play, which is what I like.

I think Silent Fry has another pcb board up for sale and a booster pedal, judging this one it's definitely top notch.

Sorry about getting in before you - you've got to be quick in this game :-)

[quote name='odub' post='306688' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:37 PM']Ha will do, but doubt it will happen, having now played it my comments are:

True bypass, blue LED so strong it almost blinded me, absolute silent knob turning, no crack hiss or hum even at top volume, jack plugs are very firm and solid, very transparent, distorts at full compression in a nice way. Very plug and play, which is what I like.

I think [b]Silent Fry[/b] has another pcb board up for sale and a booster pedal, judging this one it's definitely top notch.

Sorry about getting in before you - you've got to be quick in this game :-)[/quote]
that made me laugh :)

dont worry about it mate, iv missed out on quite a few pedals recently due to being a slow bugger, ah well, just grabbed myself a nice little distortion to cheer me up!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='306675' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:31 PM']so your the arse that just beat me to it! :huh:
[...][/quote]
Sorry you missed the Optical Squeeze BassManKev. It was just a matter of minutes...

If I build another one, you will be the first to know.

[quote name='odub' post='306688' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:37 PM']Ha will do, but doubt it will happen, having now played it my comments are:

I think Silent Fry has another pcb board up for sale and a booster pedal, judging this one it's definitely top notch.

Sorry about getting in before you - you've got to be quick in this game :-)[/quote]
Thanks for your kind words odub - it is a pleasure doing business with you.

Unfortunately, the Optical Squeeze PCB and the Blue Dragon have been sold.

[i]I have another pedal: [color="red"]Red Dragon[/color]. It is a booster/overdrive that if pushed produces a great saturation. Selectable frequency tone control, multiple gain ranges, true bypass but it is not for sale... not yet anyway :)
[/i]

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='306714' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:06 PM'][i]I have another pedal: [color="red"]Red Dragon[/color]. It is a booster/overdrive that if pushed produces a great saturation. Selectable frequency tone control, multiple gain ranges, true bypass but it is not for sale... not yet anyway :)
[/i][/quote]

Let me know if you decide to sell one of those I might be interested :huh: