Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 1997 (pre Fender) Jackson JZB-II (Jazz Bass) Tobacco Sunburst with Hard Case
£750

PawelG

[attachment=231728:IMG_7940.JPG]

Hello,

For sale the heaviest of my basses.
Made in Ontario, USA. All original with a tag from 1997 - even have the desiccant bag - see photo (I like little things like that).
A racing guitar manufacturers (stereotype?) attempt to make a jazz bass. From what I could find on google they only did them for around 1 year since 1997 to 1998. I haven't seen another one like that. Price tag in 1997 - 1300USD.

Ash body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Cream pickguard
2 Jackson J-style pickups
The weight is around 4.6kg (+/-10lb)

The quality of this bass is incredible. Heavy, built to last, American design. The finish on the body has a lot of lacquer but on the neck is very thin (unlike other Jacksons?) And for an almost 20 year old instrument - 8.5-9/10 condition.
It sounds very deep and rich, has been set up with nice, low action and comes with original hard case.

I am open to trades too - precision with a rosewood fingerboard or jazz with a maple fingerboard would be something I would be interested in.

I am sure we can arrange postage if needed.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by PawelG

[quote name='peterkas' timestamp='1478722926' post='3171253']
I'm sure that is better than other jazz bass of the same period (I mean, fender ones ;-))
Glwts
[/quote]
It is an amazing bass. I just don't seem to get along with a rosewood fingerboard on a jazz bass. Very open to trades, partial trades (both ways)!