Why become a member? ×

Kempton Park Guitar Thingie...

NancyJohnson

Plenty of guitars and some basses with lots of über expensive vintage gear (some questionable IMO, but too much of the same on different stalls for me, with barely any room for trying stuff out if you wanted to. The guy asking the exhibitors to turn it down over an under powered PA whilst the GB stand was giving it its usual whackety, thwackety was amusing, although I didn't find it that loud compared to some shows. I didn't go to any of the live performances as these were in a totally different building. All in all, it seemed a bit amateur and poorly organised compared to other shows I've been to over the years.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1477296085' post='3161094']
Plenty of guitars and some basses with lots of über expensive vintage gear (some questionable IMO, but too much of the same on different stalls for me, with barely any room for trying stuff out if you wanted to. The guy asking the exhibitors to turn it down over an under powered PA whilst the GB stand was giving it its usual whackety, thwackety was amusing, although I didn't find it that loud compared to some shows. I didn't go to any of the live performances as these were in a totally different building. All in all, it seemed a bit amateur and poorly organised compared to other shows I've been to over the years.
[/quote]

I was toying with going to it and suppose your post reinforces my reasons behind staying home with a chesty cough and watching Chelsea thump Manchester Utd. 4-0 instead.

I was (and still am) feeling rough too and I really went because 3 other chums were going and it was a bit of a jolly. However, we were home by 1:30 and probably had more fun comparing a few guitars owned by 2 of them over a cup of tea.