Why become a member? ×

I do not need a P-bass, do I?

Guest MoJo

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1476741901' post='3156945']
Which Classic Vibe Precision was it? Wait, I don't want to know. Oh alright, I do...
[/quote]

This one, proper beauty!

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/squier-classic-vibe-70s-precision-bass-black?gclid=CjwKEAjwkJfABRDnhbPlx6WI4ncSJADMQqxdCJv_iMa_RIj4GFPCQIpkUJasgICe0qNdCBuiaCXyDxoCxMrw_wcB

I have a bass (not a Fender) with two sets of P-style pickups and it is the one I use least of all so I would say for me a P bass is not neccesary at all. In my innocence when I bought it I had no idea what either a jazz or P-bass was or what they were supposed to sound like i just thought it would give me a different sound with those pickups. And it does but it's not something I find i need that often. When I play it on a gig it's just really because I want to not that i need to.

I agree that a Jazz is more versatile and you can emulate a P bass tone by soloing the neck pickup but it just doesn't sound quite like a P bass. If it's not your thing then fair enough, I've played Jazz's almost exclusively for ages. For me I've recently gotten very much into the Jamerson tone, really punchy with super dead strings on it. The Jazz just doesn't quite give me that tone according to my ears. Problem is I can't really justify buying one as I'm not really gigging at the moment and I need to shift some gear before I start buying more!

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' timestamp='1476795285' post='3157280']

This one, proper beauty!

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/squier-classic-vibe-70s-precision-bass-black?gclid=CjwKEAjwkJfABRDnhbPlx6WI4ncSJADMQqxdCJv_iMa_RIj4GFPCQIpkUJasgICe0qNdCBuiaCXyDxoCxMrw_wcB
[/quote]

I was so hoping you weren't going to say that one. I've fancied a 70's CV Precision since I first saw one. The local retailer has one that he's had for a while and knocked £50 off the asking price if I wanted it. Even more tempted now, damn you :lol:

I mean of course I don't want to be accused of influencing anyone's decision as that would be unfair and wrong and terrible...... but you should definitely get it. Only if you want to of course....... definitely get it. As long as you can justify it....... that said even if you can't who are you hurting....... ahem.