Why become a member? ×

Raven Labs PMB II (masterblender) for sale
£200

Damo200

Offered for sale is a Raven Labs PMB-2 Preamp.

Input options are Piezo, magnetic, and Mic. It even provides phantom power to the mic channel if selected. It has 2 discrete channels with gain, 3 band eq, direct output, and insert each. the inputs are 1/4" mono and a stereo jack for both channels. The inputs are mixed to a balanced output, and available separately via 1/4" jacks. The unit is powered by 2-9v batteries - no PSU as it's US made.

For a better description than mine please click on http://soundchunks.com/RL_PMB-II.pdf

Sound quality is super clean. The unit is in excellent condition and built like a tank.

I've used this predominantly for doubling on upright and electric into one amplifier or DI box but I find now that, being the luddite I am, I prefer the simplicity of the LT2 and just let the guys do the rest on the desk. If you're a double bass player and use a piezo and microphone pickup, you can blend the two for an awesome sound.

£200 + postage.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Damon

Edited by Damo200

I wouldn't say so - they are very good, and were also very popular with acoustic guitarists for blending internal mic and pickups. I paid around £200 for one a few years ago, and moved it on for about the same.

The only real issue is the power system - you can use a mains adapter, but it's an odd system that uses + and - 9v from two units (or outputs) linked. It also uses a stereo mini Jack for power connection, which can kill the power supply if it shorts out (gets pulled) with power running. Two batteries works fine, but is a bit expensive if you leave it switched on by mistake (unplugging doesn't switch off the power).

just one more comment, i have one and i'm not selling it yet because this little box saved my gigs more than once. it is a small mixer, a DI box, etc... i've tested it with plenty of inputs (voice, guitars, cellos, etc.) and everything worked well. Also the electronics inside this one are quite close to the one of the SWR RedHead (same engineer designed it). overall a very nice piece of kit : GLWTS :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...