Why become a member? ×

Complete bass rig on a budget.

jonnythenotes

This is what I put together recently for none lottery win money, but it sounds fantastic. Fender Road Worn bass.... £650. Little Mark 2....£225. Epifani PS 112...£150. This gear was all pre owned, and bought using this very site, and sounds as good as some of the other stuff I own which cost a LOT more. As you can see, the whole lot comes to £1025, which are the individual prices you would pay for a new U.S Fender bass, a nice new high end cab, or a new monster power valve amp... Listed above is a sort of standard small to medium gig rig, with no real frills, but delivers a great tone if not driven hard. Add another cab,and the the Markbass can work at full steam at 4 ohms, and suddenly your rig starts to sound massive. So what complete rig have you put together for reasonable cash, that sounds like a big dollars set up.

Unless you want something specific I'd go with second hand gear as long as its been looked after. There's some fantastic bargains out there at the moment, in fact I've never seen such a lot of kit that no one wants, bass gear, guitar amps, PA and recording gear.
It's a beast but I just got offered a trace 810 for £200!!! I'm not getting it cos the missus saw the pics and said WTAF???