Why become a member? ×

Moog Minitaur bass synth and accessories - now sold
£400

Morning all.

For sale is my Moog Minitaur together with a keyboard controller, Moog exp pedal, power supplies and bags for protection/transportation.

You can create some very, very PHAAATT sounds with this. So much so that audience and band mates will look at you, smile, and then foul themselves BUT KEEP ON SMILING. Seriously though imo some beautiful sounds and textures from this plus you have the usual Moog CV connections for cutoff, gate etc that really augment performance.

Via the Moog editor software there are some additional parameters that you can adjust in addition to the physical controls. It's all very easy and I love the physical interface of the knobs, much better as a creative platform. There is all sorts of other clever synth/moog science that it does, full details are here:

[url="https://www.moogmusic.com/products/taurus/minitaur"]https://www.moogmusi...taurus/minitaur[/url]

I don't know much about synths but I think the only drawback here is that you can't really use the minitaur as a stand-alone piece of kit. For reason I'd put it together with a keyboard controller so it can go out and be used as a bass synth on gigs. It works a treat but you obviously have some additional kit to transport. I've loved using this but the tunes I'm doing now no longer require it and I need the £s, same old BC tales!

I thought the best way to sell this was as a complete set up so for clarity let me list here all the specific bits:

1) Moog Minitaur (with original box)
2) PSU for Minitaur
3) Generic camera accessory bag to house Minitaur
4) M-audio air 25 controller keyboard
5) USB cable and PSU to power M-audio - the cable will also connect the Minitaur to your PC/mac
6) Midi lead to connect air 25 to Minitaur
7) Moog exp pedal (think EP2 but will have to check), mainly I've used this on the filter cutoff but it's ok for any of the CV inputs
8) Generic extension 4 way power lead to run both
9) Generic audio cable to link audio out of Minitaur to your h'amplification device/utility
10) Protection racket drum hardware bag 28x10x16 to house the lot and take it to gigs/on holiday with you

The minitaur and air25 are what I would call mint. The rest is used but in very good condition.

Clearly a lot going on here and the individual price of everything runs to a reasonable amount hence my pricing which is essentially £300 for the minitaur and £100 for everything else. I don't really want to split at this stage as I have another controller keyboard but if you just want the Moog for the Studio or to integrate elsewhere there is no harm in getting in touch. The whole lot would be shipped in the pro-racket gig bag with suitable interior packing of course. I need to investigate the shipping cost but I would expect no more than £25 depending on what sort of service you wanted.

Finally, I also have a quicklok stand which I use for the Air25 on gigs. This won't fit in the bag and is still useful to me so I'm not including it in the start position but if you want it let me know and we might be able to work that in somehow!

If you want to check it out or collect I'm in Norwich, jewel of the East.

[attachment=226483:20160827_101411.jpg]

[attachment=226484:20160827_101424.jpg]

[attachment=226485:20160827_101441.jpg]

Cheers,

Abd

Edited by andybassdoyle