Why become a member? ×

upgrading from yamaha trbx174!

Gingerlocks

[font=Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Hey man,[/font][font=Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]
I've been playing my Yamaha TRBX174 for some time now, and im starting to feel something has to change. What would be an upgrade from that bass. I do plan on keeping it though, as a back up, and for tuning down a step.[/font][font=Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]
The style I play is mainly stuff like Seether, Avenged Sevenfold, Blink 182... you get the idea. [/font][font=Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]
My budget is max 600 pounds.[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]
Thanks [/font]

I have a Fender Precision made in Mexico. Mine is very good, well built and sounds good. In my honest opinion for the same money i can buy a Yamaha 1024 which has the PJ pickups for a wider range of sounds and you get a superbly built and sounding bass. I love my Mex P and i love my Yam 424.....it really comes down to playing before you buy really. Plus there are many other basses out there in that price range too so there's no easy answer :)