Why become a member? ×

Band Implosion

cytania

Just heard from the lead guitar/vocals, family commitments have nixed him being in the band. Difficulty is things very much revolve around him, not just as frontman but also drummer 2nd guitar are his workmates.

Beyond my own annoyance I'm struck by how weird a thing a band is. Played a song last night at a folk session, just me and a regular acoustic guitar. When I was just learning stuff for my own sake my song folders filled up with my favourites. Now they have alot of bass stuff, some of which I worked out for band members who never even made the first rehearsal (still 'You Won't See Me' is a great Beatles for bass). No idea if any of it will be relevant to the next band...

Ah well, I'm probably just blowing off steam here...

Working with any group of people can be a pain, but if it's what you want to do, hang on to the thought that you will do it all again, but better, because of this experience.

[quote name='Galilee' post='298346' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:49 AM']I would sympathise, but I don't understand your second paragraph at all, even after reading it three times.

:)[/quote]
I think cytania is comparing being a solo player, and having folders full of music you like, with being in a band, where you end up with folders of stuff you may or may not like, but you worked on it for other people.