Why become a member? ×

Hello once again

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

I've finally got round to getting on board basschat,

I was Tommy.S on bass talk and whatever else it was called before then.

I play double bass, having stopped playing bass guitar 3 or so years ago after damaging my hearing.
I now only play entirely acoustically and pretty much only with my band merchant (hence my user name) which is a dark post-rock/post classical group leaning towards the noise and free improv scenes, consisting of drums doublebass clarinet and occaisional additions of guest instruments>

details:
myspace.com/merchanttrio

Cheers
Thomas

[quote name='merchant' post='30799' date='Jul 12 2007, 04:46 PM']I've finally got round to getting on board basschat,

I was Tommy.S on bass talk and whatever else it was called before then.

I play double bass, having stopped playing bass guitar 3 or so years ago after damaging my hearing.
I now only play entirely acoustically and pretty much only with my band merchant (hence my user name) which is a dark post-rock/post classical group leaning towards the noise and free improv scenes, consisting of drums doublebass clarinet and occaisional additions of guest instruments>

details:
myspace.com/merchanttrio

Cheers
Thomas[/quote]

Hi Thomas and welcome back!, only a few changes here - all for the better.

Hamster

Guest Jecklin

Sorry for slow reply, been away from any computers.

No sadly I don't play any stray cats.
There are a lot of things I'd like to learn to do witha double bass and dabbling in some rock-a-billy would be a very nice change from the type of music I make.

Incidentally I will be selling my doublebass later this year as it is more suited to pizzicato playing and I do way more bowing and would like something more suited to my needs.

I'll advertise it on here when it is time for a sale.