Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£2495

P-T-P

So a crocked car means I need to raise a big chunk of cash and so I'm putting this up for sale.

[attachment=222002:IMG_0895.JPG]

It's an FBass BN5 finished with a Macassar Ebony top and matching headstock with super flamed maple fretboard and macassar ebony block inlays.

While no FBass could ever be ordinary, this is no ordinary FBass as you can see from the pics.

[attachment=222004:IMG_0898.JPG][attachment=222005:IMG_0899.JPG][attachment=222006:IMG_0901.JPG][attachment=222007:IMG_0909.JPG]

Even the serial number has been upgraded to a pearl inlay.

[attachment=222008:IMG_0911.JPG]

The previous owner advised that this bass was from George Furlanetto's personal/private/reserve stock, built by him. I think the signatre on the headstock is his. Certainly this bass features on the FBass website as one of the exotic wood finished options. There's also a pic of Marcus Miller playing it.

Marcel Furlanetto has confirmed that the bass began production in or around April 2005 and would have been completed in December '05 or January '06. Unfortunately their record keeping wasn't so good in those days so he can't say for certain that it was built by George but he did explain that it is likely as the original pictures show the bass with a Hipshot B style bridge, but it is now sporting a Hipshot bent steel plate vintage type bridge from the period. He explained that it is a change his dad sometimes makes to macassar ebony topped basses to compliment the natural compression and give the bass some extra punch.

It plays impeccably and sounds just gorgeous. If I didn't need the cash I wouldn't be considering selling it. At all.

There are a couple of minor dings, one on the back...
[attachment=222010:IMG_0905.JPG]

One on the side...
[attachment=222013:IMG_0907.JPG]

If you look closely, there's some slight discolouration along the back of the neck. This may well clean up.
[attachment=222009:IMG_0913.JPG]

If you price this bass up now, it would cost over $9000 US with all the import duties and tax. Marcel valued it at $5000 US and a few other Fbass owners have suggested somewhere between $3400 and $4500.

I paid nowhere near the higher estimates for it, and in the hope of getting some good karma, I'm asking for £2495, much closer to that lower estimate figure.

The bass will come in a light-flight type case and ideally I would like to complete in person. I can send via courier, but think insurance may be an issue. Open to discussion on in respect of who pays for shipping and insurance.

In a perfect world, someone with a less exotic FBass BN5 or VF5 will offer me their bass and a chunk of cash. I'd be open to part-ex deals involving Laklands (US or Skyline), Fender Jazzes. Warwicks (especially coloured ones), maybe others but nothing too obscure. Would even consider a couple of basses plus some cash as I realise not everyone's going to have a couple of grand just lying around. Aguilar SL112s or DB112s and TH500 heads could be of interest too.

Happy for anyone to come and try it. I'm in Chepstow, S.Wales. Just over the bridge.

PM me or call/text on 07515 929935

Edited by P-T-P

bump

Have had some really interesting offers as well as some frustrating ones. Three people have so far made offers I've accepted only to then pull-out or disappear off the face of the earth!