Why become a member? ×

1972 Fender Musicmaster SOLD
£320

mr.noisy

Hey guys,
With a heavy heart I am forced to look for a new home for my Musicmaster. Last minute tour cancelled, student loan is gone and bills need to be paid and while I am looking for work over this summer I still need to support my bank account a bit. Otherwise I'd keep it.

So, the bass itself is not 100% original but that is reflected in price, I saw them going for twice as much in a bit better condition and I think that is a fair price for what it is.

Unfortunately the bass has been refinished by a previous owner, originally it was in a daphne or sonic blue (one of these early light blue musicmasters) but previous owner decided to refinish it in black and it wasn't a professional job, but over the years it gained a lot of dings and it has a vintage/relic look and it never bothered me. The other non original thing is the replaced wiring loom that I got from KiOgon. The reason why I have replaced it was the fact that when I got the bass, the original tone pot wasn't doing anything / didn't affect the tone, and instead of replacing just the tone pot, I have removed all the original pots and jack input and just put the whole new wiring loom and leave the original electronics untouched just in case, and that will be included in the sale. Pickup is original. Other than that, the back of the neck is nicely worn, first 3 frets have some little wear and that's about it. It is just a great little bass with a vintage vibe to it and with the tone rolled all the way down it can sound really funky.

I am based near Neasden in London and you are free to come and check it out, I am also willing to personally deliver it within a reasonable distance or meet half way. I can throw in some cheap gig bag for free that I got with the other bass. I'd rather not post it, but I have some spare cardboard box left when I got some bass delivered earlier this year and could put it in that box wrapped in some bubble wrap if buyer would arrange the courier.

Finally here are some pics and one vid, any questions do not hesitate to contact me, it is rather urgent so I might listen to very near offers. Also check my feedback :)

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld1c4-_324g&spfreload=10"]https://www.youtube....4g&spfreload=10[/url]

Edited by mr.noisy