Why become a member? ×

Pickup on Ebay

Jezyorkshire

[quote name='Jezyorkshire' post='294902' date='Sep 29 2008, 09:16 PM']Anyone know what these are like, item no 190248263349, nice price!
cheers, Jez.[/quote]

Hi Mate, hope you're well.

Usually if the price is cheap, the sound will be too. I suppose if you want to try then go ahead but reading up on mics/pickups both here and on TB will hopefully clue you into what to look for in a good quality pickup or mic. You don't have to spend the world to get a good sound but IMO it don't come cheap either. :)

Cheers,

[quote name='TPJ' post='296590' date='Oct 1 2008, 01:38 PM']Hi Mate, hope you're well.

Usually if the price is cheap, the sound will be too. I suppose if you want to try then go ahead but reading up on mics/pickups both here and on TB will hopefully clue you into what to look for in a good quality pickup or mic. You don't have to spend the world to get a good sound but IMO it don't come cheap either. :)

Cheers,[/quote]

Hi Tom, been busy playing electric in 3 bands so not much time on the upright, got some Used Spiros for a good price and they are now on, one of the bands i play with i may be able to use the upright a bit so am looking at getting a pickup, hope you are well too mate, are you playing much?cheers, Jez.

[quote name='Jezyorkshire' post='296697' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:56 PM']Hi Tom, been busy playing electric in 3 bands so not much time on the upright, got some Used Spiros for a good price and they are now on, one of the bands i play with i may be able to use the upright a bit so am looking at getting a pickup, hope you are well too mate, are you playing much?cheers, Jez.[/quote]
Hey Jez,

Yeah, we're playing Stripped in Leeds this Sunday night at Mr Foley's Cask Ale house om the Headrow across from town hall. Come on down if you're bored. Starts about 7:30. There are 4 acoustic groups that each play two sets of three songs. Our first time there but we're looking forward to it.

re the pickup. I have an old Fishman BP100 pickup and preamp that you can borrow it to see if it's the right sound for you. If it is then I'll do you a very good deal on it. Let me know.

Cheers