Why become a member? ×

What Cab?

Jarhead

That's cool - If I was looking for a cheap stand alone cab, I'd go for a peavey 410 tvx - they weigh a bit but I'm always impressed at how good they sound- new they're about £230 - secondhand, I've seen them for as low as £100

Other than that - a used warwick 411 pro or hartke xl 4x10 would be a good bet

I've always found a 1x15 on its own to be difficult to hear live and I wouldn't touch the laney stuff with a pooey stick.
The marshall dbs range was a bit naff in my opinion, gigged a 4x10 + 1x15 dbs rig a couple of months ago - couldn't hear the low stuff at all - I'm not familiar with the mbc stuff however.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='294813' date='Sep 29 2008, 07:16 PM']That's cool - If I was looking for a cheap stand alone cab, I'd go for a peavey 410 tvx - they weigh a bit but I'm always impressed at how good they sound- new they're about £230 - secondhand, I've seen them for as low as £100

Other than that - a used warwick 411 pro or hartke xl 4x10 would be a good bet

I've always found a 1x15 on its own to be difficult to hear live and I wouldn't touch the laney stuff with a pooey stick.
The marshall dbs range was a bit naff in my opinion, gigged a 4x10 + 1x15 dbs rig a couple of months ago - couldn't hear the low stuff at all - I'm not familiar with the mbc stuff however.[/quote]
Awsome, who sells them? If i can find one, Ill have a go, but otherwise it could just be a blind buy.
Im not hugely bothered about tone, mainly because im fully aware im not going to have enough cash for a while to start chasing it lol.
Zach

Find the extra 100 kwid and buy this.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT-810E-Classic-Bass-Cab-SVT810-SVT-8-x-10_W0QQitemZ290264216901QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290264216901&_trkparms=72%3A1298%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT-810E-Class...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

Hi sorry for the late reply!
I paid £1000 and £700 for each of the svt2 pro,s the JH flightcase they live in was about £100, the first 8x10 I bought was brand new for £880, since then the most I paid for a cab was £700 for a flightcased one and £300 for the cheapest.
The most recent video that we have done ( which should be on our site in the next few days) sees me on stage with SIX 8x10s stacked horizontally 3 high!! :) altho some were borrowed from the very nice people from Ampeg uk and John Henrys.
Paul.

Ever get the feeling that we miss our Lego sets??

Edited by wizbat