Why become a member? ×

#### HEADLESS NECK OPTIONS? ####

BIG.J

Hi, a big thanks to Basschat and its members, especially to all who have shared there ideas, thoughts and for supplying various parts for my custom build.

I have both a new Stienberger & Status style bridge and string retainer to use on my neck.

I am currently in talks with Soulmate Guitars & Christopher Woods for a custom laminated neck inc LED's for use with a headless setup.

I am quite handy when it comes to custom jobs etc but i am toying with the idea of adapting another pre-made neck as a trial.

If i were to use the Status style system then the trust rod adjustment will need to be located at the bridge end and not the nut?

If i were to use the Stienberger system them it has a hole at the top nut = String retainer for acsess to the trust rod mounted at the top.

My Question is = Before spending $500+ on a custom job, could i do this myself by using a flat paddle headstock / Jass neck etc.

Or = could someone assist in the making of a neck, I have all measurements for a Status Neck?

The Body has been shaped to take a standard Scale.

Many Thanks

Justin. :)

Edited by xverminate

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='293289' date='Sep 27 2008, 08:44 AM']so are you asking if you could make your own neck from a headed neck?

I think the only person who could answer that is you, depending on how confident you are in your woodworking skills perhaps?[/quote]

Thanks, Very true! :)