Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision Deluxe 5 string
£850

Raslee

[color=#ff0000][size=6][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]SOLD[/b][/font][/size][/color]

Got this lovely USA Precision Deluxe bass in a recent trade with a fellow basschatter and I have to say it truly is a wonderful playing and sounding thing of beauty - (hope the original owner doesn't mind me using your pics as my phone is broken...bloody children ;) )

I have 'finally' decided to stick with 4 strings for the near distant future and this simply is far too nice a 5 string bass to be having sat around in a case. If it was a four i would certainly be keeping, albeit if they had thinner necks too as I'm really finding I am more comfortable with a jazz width 4 string basses these days...or at least my pinky fingers appears to be.

This bass has the 5 inline tuners, aesthetically more pleasing than the 4-1 in my opinion, 3 band EQ - the mid is my favourite part of this allowing the bass to go from a modern sound to a classic P tone...i really like the tone of this bass and of course complimenting that sound is the classic Bill Lawrence pick ups which they need no introduction. Pearl inlays, light weight tuners, great tight B string all make for a Fender classic. Serial reads DN920614, this guitar is from the American Deluxe Series made at the Corona Plant (Fender) in 1998 - 1999

Strung with Thomastik infeld jazz flats making for a great smooth tone and all with a low action. Included in the sale is also a tort pickguard as shown in the pics.

The bass has been gigged so mild signs of use but it is in mighty excellent condition for its year, minor graze behind the bridge and a pressure ding on the neck but nothing that would show in pics and certainly nothing that would effect playability - just being honest! Original Fender case is functional but again clear signs of use.

£850 posted in the UK, £825 collection from South West Devon. International shiping would need to be covered by buyer and couriered options at buyers risk.

Ideally looking for cash on this one but may entertain trades and part trades. I'm particularly interested in 'the bass that shall not be mentioned in these here parts' but may begin with a R i believe :ph34r: (PM me of course), or a decent lightweight 2x10" - ideally Markbass. Any basses suggested need to be 4 string and with a thinnish ish neck please, but i am ok for Fender Jazzes.
Thanks for looking.

Edited by Raslee